Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

You Be the Judge (Nursing Home)

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

You Be the Judge (Nursing Home)

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:45 am

If there is a right or wrong answer to this, I don't know what it is.
I just heard about it from one of our neighbours here in Florida who works in a nursing home.

It's a small facility, part of a coporate chain. It has fewer than 50 residents.

One resident, who arrived there about three years ago, is anatomically male, but has all their life identified as a female and dressed as a female. The person asked to be housed as a woman.

The place keeps two people per room. But because of this person's indeterminate gender, the home placed them in a segregated room.

Now, the home is filling up and they have had to move a second person into the room ( a man.)

The original resident is demanding to have the other person removed. They aren't objecting to having a room mate. They are objecting to the room mate's male gender.

What should be done?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Plate Cap

Re: You Be the Judge (Nursing Home)

Post by Plate Cap » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:18 am

Oh, boy, here we go with another one.

I take the bait:

Take a blood test from each, and determine gender from DNA.

House accordingly.

Just because a man pretends to be a woman, it does not mean we all have to pretend with them. The prize for he/she/it is they get to have a private room while normal people walk on eggshells around he/she/it worrying about it.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:51 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:18 am
Oh, boy, here we go with another one.

I take the bait:

This wasn't intended to be bait. I'm just completely clueless in these modern gender issues. I wouldn't want to be involved in resolving it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:55 am

I would survey the residence and find a compatible and accepting female roommate.

I understand that this is Florida where we politicize things like this, but there is a solution that is respectful of our elderly, and I bet there is someone who will be a good fit.

This person has probably lived her entire life without these concerns and there is no reason to rob her dignity at the end of life.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:19 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:55 am
I would survey the residence and find a compatible and accepting female roommate.

I understand that this is Florida where we politicize things like this, but there is a solution that is respectful of our elderly, and I bet there is someone who will be a good fit.

This person has probably lived her entire life without these concerns and there is no reason to rob her dignity at the end of life.
How would you get 6 or 7 decades into it without having this come up under these conditions? Are you high?

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:08 am

TC Talks wrote:
Part of the trap to get us all exploded up in a discussion about this already laid out the ground rule that there was less than 50 persons at the nursing home. The chances of another such party being present in the proper gender are infinitesimal. Do we fund a statewide or nationwide search? What if a candidate found didn't like the venue / food / weather? Further, older people don't usually fall for this foo-rah. But the survey should happen, as you suggest. This would no doubt rob "her" (ha) of "her" dignity, as you suggest. Golly.

TC Talks wrote:

This needs to be at least publicized, if not politicized. Most in favor of such moves would scream like a stuck pig if they found they were paying for something they were politically opposed to. Likely, this is traceable to public money.

TC Talks wrote:

Oh, give us a break. To your point, he/she/it should be an EXPERT at dealing with these concerns.

The answer is simple. The cruise industry has done it for years. Have the party pay for 2 spots and give he/she/it a private room.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:11 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:08 am
TC Talks wrote:
Part of the trap to get us all exploded up in a discussion about this already laid out the ground rule that there was less than 50 persons at the nursing home. The chances of another such party being present in the proper gender (good luck determining that...remember, we need to pretend too) are infinitesimal. Do we fund a statewide or nationwide search? What if a candidate found didn't like the venue / food / weather? Further, older people don't usually fall for this foo-rah. But the survey should happen, as you suggest. This would no doubt rob "her" (ha) of "her" dignity, as you suggest. Golly.

TC Talks wrote:

Everything is politicized, by both sides. This needs to be at least publicized, if not politicized. Most in favor of such moves would scream like a stuck pig if they found they were paying for something they were politically opposed to. Likely, this is traceable to public money, which, in the view of the left, is fine to blow on anything.

TC Talks wrote:

Oh, give us a break. To your point, if this is really, truly, and honestly a chronic condition, he/she/it should be an EXPERT at dealing with these concerns.

The answer is simple. The cruise industry has done it for years. Have the party pay for 2 spots and give he/she/it a private room.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:51 am

This wasn't intended to be bait. I'm just completely clueless in these modern gender issues. I wouldn't want to be involved in resolving it.
Oh, give me a break. You drop one of these clickbait bombs in the collective shorts of the board, and stand aside and giggle at what you started. TC will get ugly with me, I'll respond, etc.

How is ANYONE not clueless as regards "modern gender issues"? Do you think you missed some class somewhere that the rest of us took? You don't need an MSW or a PhD. It's simply about pretending, and deciding if you want to pretend along with the pretenders. You're Canadian...didn't you watch "Mr. Dressup"? We used to dress up as cowboys and Indians. We were'nt REALLY cowboys nor Indians, we were just acting out. This is no different, but the collective world now is expected to pretend along with the players.

What I'm clueless about is how we all keep falling for it. I'm out of it.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:24 am

Sorry about the double post. There's an edit in the second somewhere.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:27 am

Have to agree with those who say have her pay double.

Another option (although I have never advocated it) is kill her off. Trust me. Some nursing homes do take that avenue with patients that are a continued pain in the butt. It's not hard at all for a facility to do, and make it look natural.

It would not surprise me if "it" just likes women. And wants a girl bunking up with it solely for the companionship. Someone that smells pretty and don't fart in the middle of the night.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:43 pm

Plate Cap wrote:
I laid out some simple steps to take to resolve this for everyone. You clearly don't want a respectful resolution, you want to insert your (outdated) norms on someone else. In my book, that's being an asshole. I'm guessing you are a baby boomer and dad voted for Nixon.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:43 pm
Plate Cap wrote:
I laid out some simple steps to take to resolve this for everyone. You clearly don't want a respectful resolution, you want to insert your (outdated) norms on someone else. In my book, that's being an asshole. I'm guessing you are a baby boomer and dad voted for Nixon.
Did you misplace your calendar?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:20 pm

I would hope his dad was still alive then.

― Noam Chomsky

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:19 pm
Oh, goodness, TC's misplaced a lot more than just his calendar. :rollin

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:34 pm

Plate Cap wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:15 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:19 pm
Oh, goodness, TC's misplaced a lot more than just his calendar. :rollin
I'll bite, what else?

I'd be happy to compare my situation with yours...

You obviously have sexuality issues if you have to attack the elderly.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic