Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Any Robins Yet?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Any Robins Yet?

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:55 pm

I'm not often home at this time of year to see them. Have any of you seen any Robins yet. They usually start arriving around March 1. But with the mild winter this year they may be back already.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Round Six

Re: Any Robins Yet?

Post by Round Six » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:35 pm

Yeah, there was a bunch come thru about 3 days ago.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:40 am

I started seeing our local geese around February 20. Seemed early but reading up on them geese may not be a good example as their migratory habits are flaky. Haven’t spied a robin though I did get a few flies on the windshield of the bus already… buds on my raspberry bush and I have bulbs coming up.
Last edited by Rate This on Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taco

Post by Taco » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:34 am

I haven't see any yet. However I have seen some blue birds for the first time. Maybe its the mealworm suet I put out, I don't know. I've never seen them before here.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:54 am

We had a dozen or so a couple weeks ago in our yard. Since then, it's been one or two per day.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:36 am

The rats with wings (Canada geese) refuse to migrate these days. And really, in SE Michigan at least, they didn't have to this year. There was open water around in stormwater retention ponds for all but about 3 weeks or so.

Seems like I've seen robins around for pretty much all winter too. There are definitely more around now.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:40 am
I started seeing our local geese around February 20. Seemed early but reading up on them geese may not be a good example as their migratory habits are flaky. Haven’t spied a robin though I did get a few flies on the windshield of the bus already… buds on my raspberry bush and I have bulbs coming up.
I'm not sure the geese ever went away in Hines Park.
Seems every time I went thru there, I had to "coax" some out of my way all winter.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:09 pm

Ah, the annual Any Robins? question.

For the record, we've had flocks of the 'dumb ones' here north of the 45th since January 18th...

Come to think of it, similar to this 'question', it must be time to start the semi-annual bitchin' about the 'Big Hurt' Daylight Savings Time puts on people again, too....
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic