Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Day For Phonies and Hypocrites

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Big Day For Phonies and Hypocrites

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:11 am

Ash Wednesday. People who never go near a church the rest of the year will be there today getting that smudge on their forehead. They wear it around all day like a badge of piety.

They should use black shoe polish. They might get two or three days of looking holy.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Re: Big Day For Phonies and Hypocrites

Post by craig11152 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:22 pm

Even with Church attendance declining still millions of Americans go to Church every week or nearly every week.
Your comment is just the bitter assumptions of someone who's life is probably 60-70% over.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:28 pm

With today's technology, it may be possible to make a wearable halo. There'd be a market for such a device among this Ash Wednesday crowd

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:03 pm

I made the mistake of getting a filet o fish today. Whoops.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:14 pm

Long lines?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:48 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:22 pm

Your comment is just the bitter assumptions of someone who's life is probably 60-70% over.
Hey. I did a 25 mile bike ride today without even breathing hard.

My friend wasn't so lucky. He took a tumble and got a bloody head.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:13 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:14 pm
Long lines?
No, not at all. But being a lapsed Catholic, I should have known fish sandwiches would be in high demand. My fault.
-TurkeyTop

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:30 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:22 pm
Even with Church attendance declining still millions of Americans go to Church every week or nearly every week.
Agreed.

1. His posts are very often reaction seeking clickbait. He posts that sort of thing everywhere. The board continues to fall for it. Reference the 'original 6' elsewhere yesterday. Anyone that ACTUALLY was involved in the construction of a stadium knows if it was to be used for hockey or baseball, regardless of their overall sports interests. He plays the innocent little geek routine, and everyone rushes to 'help'.

2. For someone who likes to embrace the whole kum-ba-ya 'everyone should be equal' bit, his true colors peaked through with this post. What does it matter if someone chooses to profess their faith publicly? How does this hurt anyone? Why is Christianity fair game? He wouldn't post such a thing about a black person wearing traditional african clothes, or Muslims in faith-based garb. Golly no.

I don't understand why a message board that often trends toward overall mean-spiritedness continues to provide this guy a pass.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:14 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:30 am

1. His posts are very often reaction seeking clickbait. He posts that sort of thing everywhere. The board continues to fall for it. Reference the 'original 6' elsewhere yesterday. Anyone that ACTUALLY was involved in the construction of a stadium knows if it was to be used for hockey or baseball, regardless of their overall sports interests.

That was in a thread that I originated about supply chain issues, that are a real issue. As threads sometimes do, this one drifted off topic. Before long it became a discussion about used toilets.

I then related the anecdote about the Queen's toilet at the ball park. I acknowledged That I know vey little about sports. But I do know the Blue Jays are a baseball team. I never tried to represent them as anything else.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:50 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:13 am
audiophile wrote:
Long lines?
No, not at all. But being a lapsed Catholic, I should have known fish sandwiches would be in high demand. My fault.
What is that all about? Deep fried corporate farm fish gets you closer to GOD?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:39 pm

I was raised in the Catholic Church. Growing up we were never allowed to eat meat on Friday. How I hated those tuna casserole, Friday suppers.

When the man suddenly declared it's OK now to eat meat on Friday, that's when I began to question my faith.

Having grown up in the Church, I believe, gives me license to challenge its rituals and superstitions

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:01 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:39 pm
I was raised in the Catholic Church. Growing up we were never allowed to eat meat on Friday. How I hated those tuna casserole, Friday suppers.

When the man suddenly declared it's OK now to eat meat on Friday, that's when I began to question my faith.

Having grown up in the Church, I believe, gives me license to challenge its rituals and superstitions
And the back-pedaling begins.

Challenge all you want.....I too am a recovering Catholic so I understand better than you might think. That does NOT mean people who still practice are phonies or hypocrites. Again, especially with the (likely very likely phony) "benign" persona you craft here, you wouldn't pull that with African, Muslim, or other 'protected' groups expressing their faith.

It's just another of your click-bait, 'hey look at me' posts that this time opened the door a little to the guy inside.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:50 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Long lines?
What is that all about? Deep fried corporate farm fish gets you closer to GOD?
I wish I had an answer for you. Eat meat on Fridays, don't eat meat on Fridays, okay, you can eat meat on Fridays if you're over 65, screw it. I'm hungry, I'm gonna eat
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:00 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Long lines?
Same, except that I intentionally complied on Wednesday. Today so far is the big 0 for 2.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:37 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:00 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Long lines?
Same, except that I intentionally complied on Wednesday. Today so far is the big 0 for 2.
I can't tell you how many times for years you would hear me say "Shit.....It's Friday, innit?" 😆
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic