Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Dilbert" comic strip

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
matt1

"Dilbert" comic strip

Post by matt1 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:39 am

Plate Cap

Re: "Dilbert" comic strip

Post by Plate Cap » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:58 am

It will be very interesting to watch the development of this one
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:37 am

I have a little voice in my head telling me Adams was speaking with a boatload of irony. :smokin I'd hardly consider his statement to be a "diatribe", more like an online soliloquy. Authors (or even songwriters!) often have this deviling habit of speaking in the first-person of some spontaneously begotten character.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:03 pm

So here's a question I don't know the answer to 'cuz I don't pick up a newspaper anymore:
Is his strip still funny? Is it still relevant to the toils and troubles of office bureaucracy?
I've been reading commentaries about this in other places. Some say his strip has gone stale.
Let's just say his strip is as funny as it used to be. Should he be banned for things that are not reflected in his strip?

If for example I'm an exemplary worker. But at a bar I'm overheard say something that would not go over well if I said it on the clock. Should I be let go or disciplined at work? I suppose this is the way I look at this Dilbert thing.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:46 pm

I've never got the humour in that strip.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic