Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

GoFundMe? How about gofuckyourself?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

GoFundMe? How about gofuckyourself?

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:32 pm

Last Friday an Indian restaurant and a vape shop burned down in downtown Ann Arbor, and the owner of the burned Vape City has started a GoFundMe:
Hello everybody my store got destroyed from fire that started next door in a restaurant that left us with nothing
We spend all of our money to open the shop that’s shop is opening a lot of families houses and giving a lot of help for a lot of families.
My family having a very hard time after everything is gone. All of our inventory has gone we worked really hard for starting that business and after a year it’s gone we been really sad and we hope we can rebuild it again .
Thank you for your support !
In happier times, the burned Vape shop was a coffee shop called Cafe Ambrosia and later Elixir Vitae.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Re: GoFundMe? How about gofuckyourself?

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:35 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:32 pm
Last Friday an Indian restaurant and a vape shop burned down in downtown Ann Arbor, and the owner of the burned Vape City has started a GoFundMe:
Hello everybody my store got destroyed from fire that started next door in a restaurant that left us with nothing
We spend all of our money to open the shop that’s shop is opening a lot of families houses and giving a lot of help for a lot of families.
My family having a very hard time after everything is gone. All of our inventory has gone we worked really hard for starting that business and after a year it’s gone we been really sad and we hope we can rebuild it again .
Thank you for your support !
In happier times, the burned Vape shop was a coffee shop called Cafe Ambrosia and later Elixir Vitae.
Evidently you don’t vape (me either)… there is irony in a smoke shop burning down…

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:48 pm

That is correct. It took several hours to put the fire out because of the potential for some of the vape products to further ignite.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:48 pm

MCRF f-bomb post as a subject line?

The world's gone mad.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:02 pm

Wouldn't insurance cover something like this? I know they take for-fucking-ever, but I would think there would be coverage.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:08 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:02 pm
Wouldn't insurance cover something like this? I know they take for-fucking-ever, but I would think there would be coverage.
You would think so… it’s not like it’s illegal to vape or something so that shouldn’t be an obstacle to it…

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 am

He should have purchased insurance. Hard to feel sorry about that part.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:36 am

Glad this consumes your head space.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:01 am

Wouldn't the restaurant's insurance cover the damages?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:45 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
I nominate MH to call and ask about Vape City's insurance coverage. Phone: +1 734 879 0146

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:04 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:45 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
I nominate MH to call and ask about Vape City's insurance coverage. Phone: +1 734 879 0146
Pfffffft. I don't want to call MY insurance company. Bleh.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic