Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Christmas Dinner Ruined

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Christmas Dinner Ruined

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:25 am

We had planned on having a ham for Christmas dinner. On Christmas day my wife took it from the fridge to cook it. When she unpackaged it it smelled rotten.

She had to dig some pork chops from the freezer and cook them from frozen.

I'm returning the ham to the store today for a refund.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Re: Christmas Dinner Ruined

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:15 am

That stinks.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:32 pm

Oh my god! It's good thing you didn't attempt to eat it. Yikes. I'd take it back for sure.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:53 am

Riff Raff wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:32 pm
Oh my god! It's good thing you didn't attempt to eat it. Yikes. I'd take it back for sure.
I took it back but, because I no longer had the receipt, they woldn't give me a refund, only an exchange.

I wasn't going to exchange it for another ham, for sure, or any other kind of meat. We're leaving for Florida in just a few days. So I got canned food, paper towels and boxes of tissues

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:00 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:53 am
Riff Raff wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:32 pm
I took it back but, because I no longer had the receipt, they woldn't give me a refund, only an exchange.

I wasn't going to exchange it for another ham, for sure, or any other kind of meat. We're leaving for Florida in just a few days. So I got canned food, paper towels and boxes of tissues
Good idea! I wouldn't get any more meat from that place either. Well that's all fairly safe stuff .

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:55 am

We've shopped there for years. I think this is the first time we've had to return anything. We'll just remember to keep our receipts for a few days.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:32 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:55 am
We've shopped there for years. I think this is the first time we've had to return anything. We'll just remember to keep our receipts for a few days.
If you had a cell phone with built in camera, you could just take pictures of your receipts and always have em.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:54 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:32 am

If you had a cell phone with built in camera, you could just take pictures of your receipts and always have em.

Good idea. I do have a cell phone I bought when we were in Florida, with a hurricane bearing down on us. It's no longer connected to a service plan but the camera still works.

To avoid looking middle class, I could sneak it into the store, inside the bag with whatever I'm returning.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:35 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:54 am
Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:32 am

Good idea. I do have a cell phone I bought when we were in Florida, with a hurricane bearing down on us. It's no longer connected to a service plan but the camera still works.

To avoid looking middle class, I could sneak it into the store, inside the bag with whatever I'm returning.
:lol Ur funny. I hate cell phones in general, people walking around with there faces glued to it, really annoying IMO. Plus, seeing people at a restaurant sitting together and they are all glued to there phones.

I have a cricket flip phone still, that makes calls and texts. I do text all the time, much easier then talking on the phone. Everyone has there own needs and way of doing things, but this works for me. I'm one of the last hold outs. Funny enough, a co-worker of mine actually thinks it's pretty cool I still have one.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:13 pm

I know you're not going to carry one, Turkeytop. If you had a shoppers card, they could of looked up the receipt. Does the Red & White have those?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:46 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:13 pm
I know you're not going to carry one, Turkeytop. If you had a shoppers card, they could of looked up the receipt. Does the Red & White have those?
If by shoppers card you mean credit card, I do have one. We bought it from No Thrills, using their own store branded card.

Before returning the rotten meat to the store, I went online and printed off a copy of the transaction. I presented that at the store and she said that wasn't good enough. It had to be the actual receipt.

I like Bryce's idea of using a photo, but maybe that would be unacceptable too.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:15 am

Instead of Green Eggs and Ham (the old Dr. Seuss book), sounds like an incident of eggs and green ham. :hat

Sorry to hear your Christmas dinner main course was ruined, TT. That sucks.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Radio Chili

Post by Radio Chili » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:33 am

"Eggs 'n green ham!"

LOL!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic