Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kristie Alley dies

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 15835

Re: Kristie Alley dies

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:08 pm

I always liked her on Cheers, sad to hear.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:28 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:10 pm
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:51 pm
Match Game host Gene Rayburn once called her Kristie which she then said "No I'm Kirstie". Both laughed about it.
I remember watching the episode with Kristie. It aired on May 17, 1979 at 4:30. I laughed when he called her the wrong name! About 3/4 of the way through the show, my local station started airing a commercial during the show, then it went blank, and then it went back to the show. I can imagine their switchboards were probably burning up with people wondering what happened! I know I was calling.
That had to have been a few years before you and matt1 got you Commodore 64s...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:34 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:28 am
Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:10 pm
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:51 pm
Match Game host Gene Rayburn once called her Kristie which she then said "No I'm Kirstie". Both laughed about it.
I remember watching the episode with Kristie. It aired on May 17, 1979 at 4:30. I laughed when he called her the wrong name! About 3/4 of the way through the show, my local station started airing a commercial during the show, then it went blank, and then it went back to the show. I can imagine their switchboards were probably burning up with people wondering what happened! I know I was calling.
That had to have been a few years before you and matt1 got you Commodore 64s...
It was! Mike took matt1 and I to a local Radio Shack on June 17, 1985 so each of us could buy a used Commodore 64 from Jerry, the guy who ran the Radio Shack. Mike got kind of mad at me as I got tangled in the front passenger seat belt while trying to get out of the back seat of his two-door Trans Am. I was laying on the ground while my legs were wrapped around multiple times in the seat belt! Mike had to pick me up and spin me around to finally get me loose! matt1 and I laughed and rolled around on the ground. Mike just stood there and shook his head while smoking his cigarette.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:52 am

You guys are brutal 🤣

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic