Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nielsen diary

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
craig11152

Nielsen diary

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:00 am

I am going to keep a radio diary starting Thursday.
Looking over the form they have a locations of at home, in a car, at work, or other.
Sometimes when my school bus is empty I turn on the radio. Which category should I mark? In a "car" or at work or other?
For that matter what should an Uber drive mark since he is in an actual car (not a bus) but working?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Re: Nielsen diary

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:53 am

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:00 am
I am going to keep a radio diary starting Thursday.
Looking over the form they have a locations of at home, in a car, at work, or other.
Sometimes when my school bus is empty I turn on the radio. Which category should I mark? In a "car" or at work or other?
For that matter what should an Uber drive mark since he is in an actual car (not a bus) but working?
I would say at work. Same as if you were a long haul truck driver.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:58 am

I would interpret car as generally commuting or running errands. Since you are in a bus I would consider that work.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:46 am

Work it is. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:59 am

I listen to radio a lot. So when they contacted me once to ask if I would participate, I thought I'd make an excellent candidate.

She said they need to get some basic information about me. When I told her my age, that ended it. She said they weren't interested in hearing from my age group.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:22 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:59 am
I listen to radio a lot. So when they contacted me once to ask if I would participate, I thought I'd make an excellent candidate.

She said they need to get some basic information about me. When I told her my age, that ended it. She said they weren't interested in hearing from my age group.
When was this? I would guess the older demographic probably listens to more terrestrial radio by proportion than younger people.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:43 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:22 pm

When was this? I would guess the older demographic probably listens to more terrestrial radio by proportion than younger people.

The older demographic listens to more radio. Also we're retired and have more liesure time and more dicretionary income to buy the pruducts and services the advertizers are selling.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic