Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone Have a Chevy Equinox?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Taco

Anyone Have a Chevy Equinox?

Post by Taco » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:22 am

I have been trying to decide on getting an Equinox or not. Any pros and cons you've experienced? Do they handle well in winter weather? I see some are FWD or AWD,

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Rate This

Re: Anyone Have a Chevy Equinox?

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:00 am

Taco wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:22 am
I have been trying to decide on getting an Equinox or not. Any pros and cons you've experienced? Do they handle well in winter weather? I see some are FWD or AWD,
Informal survey… since I do a lot of driving (bus mostly on the freeway) the equinox is top 5 behind Jeeps of any age and the old vehicles on their last legs that I see on the side of the road either abandoned or broke down. When you consistently see the same kind of vehicles on the side of the freeway in an inoperable state you get the feeling they are junk.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:03 am

This website is a great place to get feedback from thousands of owners....

Generally, avoid US cars.

https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/equinox/2020/review/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:33 am

I have a few, they are good basic transportation and get the AWD. There have been a few component recalls, but the dealer has handled it.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:47 am

My current vehicle is a 2020 Equinox. I also had a 2016 and a 2013. They're plain and boring as Hell, but reliable. None of them gave me a minute of trouble. One reason why I bought them was because they were built at the GM plant in Ingersoll ON, about 20 miles from here. We have neighbours who work at the plant.

But my current Equinox will be my last. GM has moved production of the Equinox to Mexico. I only buy Union built North American vehicles. So my next one will be a Ford Escape or maybe something by Jeep.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:16 am

I would sooner buy a Honda, Subaru, or a Volvo. Very reliable cars overall. Never buy new though.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:20 am

I was actually looking at a 2020 AWD. My 2012 Cruze is aging hard... just hit 198,000 miles and has a cracked windshield, rust, scratches, etc. Lately I'm starting to smell burning oil. Drove the hell out of this thing!

I have driven new Equinox's in the past as loner vehicles while my Cruze was being serviced a time or two.

For it is a human number

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:34 am

Taco wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:20 am
I was actually looking at a 2020 AWD. My 2012 Cruze is aging hard... just hit 198,000 miles and has a cracked windshield, rust, scratches, etc. Lately I'm starting to smell burning oil. Drove the hell out of this thing!

I have driven new Equinox's in the past as loner vehicles while my Cruze was being serviced a time or two.
It aged better than most 2014 Cruzes. Those things are shit boxes. When I worked at GM, they had between 10-14 recalls on almost all and a class action to boot.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:36 pm

Overall my Cruze has been pretty good to me. I did have issues occasionally. At this point I just don't wanna put anymore money into it should the need arise. I really liked the fuel economy.
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:34 am
Taco wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:20 am

It aged better than most 2014 Cruzes. Those things are shit boxes. When I worked at GM, they had between 10-14 recalls on almost all and a class action to boot.

For it is a human number

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:20 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:16 am
I would sooner buy a Honda, Subaru, or a Volvo. Very reliable cars overall. Never buy new though.
Stay away from GM and Chrysler products. The Ford Escapes look nice though.

I've heard very good things about The Subaru Forrester. Honda is overall a pretty solid choice as is Mazda. Not all that familiar with Volvo. A family member of mine has a Nissan Rouge

I disagree with the whole " never buy new" theory, if you look at the prices of used cars, you can get a new one these days for not that much more, I keep vehicles until they become money pits so buying new seems to work out better for me, my current vehicle is getting close to needing replacement. Being nearly 12 years and needing a lot of work, not to mention it having a little bit of cosmetic damage from a snow plow hitting it in a parking lot last winter(and almost taking the guy to court),

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:29 am

Escapes have transmission issues that pop up. I have 2 co-worker who have newer ones and both have had to have major transmission work. Volvo isn't as reliable as they used to be. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it is trouble free. Regular stuff like oil changes and tire rotations is all I have ever needed.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:10 am

Google

equinox engine trouble

It is possible GM has managed to right the wrongs in 2020+ model years; the only people I know that have owned previous year models have spent much time and money (on repairs and legal) in getting theirs to the point where they could drive or sell them.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 am

kager wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:10 am
Google

equinox engine trouble

It is possible GM has managed to right the wrongs in 2020+ model years; the only people I know that have owned previous year models have spent much time and money (on repairs and legal) in getting theirs to the point where they could drive or sell them.
I've had a 2013, a 2016 and now a 2020. I haven't had any trouble at all with them. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:54 pm

Engine trouble? I’ve had 4 Ford Escapes have an engine go bad, always the head. I get $500.00 when I trade them in. They all were traded for Equinox’s. I have not had any problems with the Equinox yet, but as Ralph Nader pointed out years ago, I’m sure they have a planned obsolescence ahead.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:32 am

zzand wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:29 am
Escapes have transmission issues that pop up. I have 2 co-worker who have newer ones and both have had to have major transmission work. Volvo isn't as reliable as they used to be. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it is trouble free. Regular stuff like oil changes and tire rotations is all I have ever needed.
My parents had a lease Grand Cherokee back in the late 90s, very nice vehicle. I've always wanted a Volvo 8o, the older ones were much more solid. The 760 GL, those were tanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic