Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Am I Woke?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: Am I Woke?

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:16 pm

College gigs were long a mainstay of stand up comedians. Many of the top comedians won't do college work anymore because of extreme "wokeism." That my friends is a shame.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:39 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:16 pm
College gigs were long a mainstay of stand up comedians. Many of the top comedians won't do college work anymore because of extreme "wokeism." That my friends is a shame.
Essentially woke is the new word for political correctness. What I hate is when these people show up events and start trouble, this happens a lot on College Campus's these days and even in other places too. It's always some ugly slob who looks like they have not had a shower in weeks or some weirdo women with purple hair and a nose ring.

To be fair, I've met enough evangelical hypocrites who justify there bigoted or warped views by rattling off bible verses and talking about how they are saved and blah blah blah.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:45 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 pm
I think where it's really hurt is in the movies. I haven't seen a great, new, funny movie in quite some time. Nobody wants to make jokes anymore which, ironically, would probably ease some folks up a little. I always enjoyed a good stupid funny movie from time to time. It sucks because I feel like all I'm treated to anymore is movies like "The Korean Immigrant Carries Water For a Living and Lives on One Bowl of Rice a Day" which bore me to tears.

Shit is so out of whack right now, I don't think we have enough bread crumbs to get back to anything. I am not a hateful, hurtful person but STILL feel like I have to watch what I say and who I say it around. I got a talking to from my sister-in-law because I gave my Chihuahua a Cheech Marin sounding voice. I was stunned. There has been a few times where I've said attitudes like that is why people like Trump win elections. Nothing's shocking anymore.
I hear that they're doing a remake of Blazing Saddles but it's going to be an animated flick. Not sure if they really should even be calling it a remake just because of that alone. I would be STUNNED if anyone could pull off making something anywhere near what Blazing Saddles is as a comedy.

I also hear Normal Lear is going to do something al la "All in the Family", but he's running out of time. I those "Live in front of a studio audience" remakes of episodes were a disaster, and just Hollywood using an excuse to get airtime for some cameos.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:13 pm

How long until you get kicked off again?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:34 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:45 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 pm
I think where it's really hurt is in the movies. I haven't seen a great, new, funny movie in quite some time. Nobody wants to make jokes anymore which, ironically, would probably ease some folks up a little. I always enjoyed a good stupid funny movie from time to time. It sucks because I feel like all I'm treated to anymore is movies like "The Korean Immigrant Carries Water For a Living and Lives on One Bowl of Rice a Day" which bore me to tears.

Shit is so out of whack right now, I don't think we have enough bread crumbs to get back to anything. I am not a hateful, hurtful person but STILL feel like I have to watch what I say and who I say it around. I got a talking to from my sister-in-law because I gave my Chihuahua a Cheech Marin sounding voice. I was stunned. There has been a few times where I've said attitudes like that is why people like Trump win elections. Nothing's shocking anymore.
I hear that they're doing a remake of Blazing Saddles but it's going to be an animated flick. Not sure if they really should even be calling it a remake just because of that alone. I would be STUNNED if anyone could pull off making something anywhere near what Blazing Saddles is as a comedy.

I also hear Normal Lear is going to do something al la "All in the Family", but he's running out of time. I those "Live in front of a studio audience" remakes of episodes were a disaster, and just Hollywood using an excuse to get airtime for some cameos.
When I saw that one he did a couple of years ago, I posted that "Carroll O'Connor IS Archie Bunker. Everyone else is just doing an impression".

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:59 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:00 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:09 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:42 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:00 pm
"Woke" is taking Uncle Ben off the rice packages,
"Woke" is taking the grinning Indian caricature off the baseball caps
"Woke" is changing names from Native American sports teams and banning mascots that paid tribute to the Native American culture
"Woke" is taking the lady off the syrup bottles
"Woke" is taking the Native American woman off the tubs of butter/margarine
"Woke" is letting adult biological men who feel like a woman compete against adult biological women in high skilled athletic competitions
"Woke" is addressing someone as "they" instead of their given name and biological gender
"Woke" is screaming for Law Enforcement to be defunded
"Woke" is designated "safe spaces" and "no Caucasians allowed" spaces as well
"Woke" is when all else fails and no other choice, pull "the card" and all blame falls on Whitey no matter how wrong the offending party is...
"Woke" is the attempt at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach that all Caucasians are inherently racist and the issues/problems and troubles of other ethnicities are all the cause of the racist behavior and treatment from the White man...
That's "Woke"
I await stupid replies....
Black people were stereotyped as servants.

No Native American wants their nationality being remembered in a sports team. How would you like to be nicknamed the Atlanta Crackers?

Transgender people are valid and deserve to be in sports.
There are people who are non binary. Go meet them. Also valid.
Blacks are getting tortured by police on a daily basis.
Your church is a safe space, skippy.
CRT is only taught in grad school.

Sorry that I don’t support bullying like your bigoted ass.
I know I sleep better at night knowing the lady and gentleman are off the syrup and rice boxes
No issues being named after a saltine snack
Many Indians and First Nations are honored they are sports teams nicknames
Trans Men who feel like a woman have a distinct physical advantage over biological adult females, you advocate that unfair advantage? And you claim you are for "Women's Rights"??
I don't attend church, I find religion full of hypocrisy, like the Democratic Party
Blacks are NOT getting tortured by law enforcement on a daily basis, stop watching MSNBC (Maybe if negative interaction with Law Enforcement is avoided, mainly STOP BREAKING THE LAW, no one gets hurt, simple process 99% of adults understand and follow)
CRT, regardless of where or when/how it is taught, is a racist ideology, but I'm sure you're ok with it because your favorite political and social leaders tell you it is, instead of thinking for yourself
Non-Binary is a complete made up term, if you have female DNA in you, and you were born a biological female, you just cannot declare yourself non-binary, science would say otherwise, remember science? It's what you Liberals screamed at the rest of us to follow, remember that? Ironic you tell us to "follow the science", except when it comes to gender identity

You call me "bigoted", or you like using that term when someone doesn't agree on your social and political views?
Thank you for not disappointing me in waiting on stupid replies, you passed with flying colors
Make sure you watch your heroes on "The View", I'm sure you are all about Joy....
Jesus Christ, calm down. MCRF just trigged the fuck out of you.
No need to address me as Jesus Christ, but I had to reply, a few things he mentioned did hit a nerve, and any "fuck" I had/have in me is never out of me...lol

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:59 pm

Well it doesn't look like we're having a buzz board meet up anytime soon.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:26 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:59 pm
Maybe we can get LL to show up.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:20 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:59 pm
I would happily attend a Buzzboard meet-up. The only downside is that considering the average age of the Buzzboard user, it would likely have to happen at Bob Evans before 4PM, so everyone can get their senior discounts.

I think meeting face-to-face would mellow the crowd. I have noticed that when I talk to angry clients over email or the phone, and then hold a Zoom meeting with them, that they chill out when they're face-to-face.
lidoshuffle wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:59 pm
No need to address me as Jesus Christ, but I had to reply, a few things he mentioned did hit a nerve, and any "fuck" I had/have in me is never out of me...lol
Don't let people on the internet manipulate your emotions. If a discussion is one where you leave raw nerves exposed, simply do not participate.

You're just going to end up getting a case of the angries. I hope that you sorta learn these things as you get older, but I've found you millennial types keep a sensitive ass in their panties.

Calm down and enjoy the internet.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:34 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:13 pm
Getting back to your post that started this thread. Yes. You are woke. This is a good example.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:32 am

Circle Seven wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:34 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Getting back to your post that started this thread. Yes. You are woke. This is a good example.
Actually it’s become a ritual question and Buzzboard tradition. It needs to go.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:43 am

Circle Seven wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:34 am
Turkeytop wrote:

Thanks. I now have my answer.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic