Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Am I Woke?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Am I Woke?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:42 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:00 pm
"Woke" is taking Uncle Ben off the rice packages,
"Woke" is taking the grinning Indian caricature off the baseball caps
"Woke" is changing names from Native American sports teams and banning mascots that paid tribute to the Native American culture
"Woke" is taking the lady off the syrup bottles
"Woke" is taking the Native American woman off the tubs of butter/margarine
"Woke" is letting adult biological men who feel like a woman compete against adult biological women in high skilled athletic competitions
"Woke" is addressing someone as "they" instead of their given name and biological gender
"Woke" is screaming for Law Enforcement to be defunded
"Woke" is designated "safe spaces" and "no Caucasians allowed" spaces as well
"Woke" is when all else fails and no other choice, pull "the card" and all blame falls on Whitey no matter how wrong the offending party is...
"Woke" is the attempt at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach that all Caucasians are inherently racist and the issues/problems and troubles of other ethnicities are all the cause of the racist behavior and treatment from the White man...
That's "Woke"
I await stupid replies....
Black people were stereotyped as servants.

No Native American wants their nationality being remembered in a sports team. How would you like to be nicknamed the Atlanta Crackers?

Transgender people are valid and deserve to be in sports.
There are people who are non binary. Go meet them. Also valid.
Blacks are getting tortured by police on a daily basis.
Your church is a safe space, skippy.
CRT is only taught in grad school.

Sorry that I don’t support bullying like your bigoted ass.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:57 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
"Woke" is changing names from Native American sports teams and banning mascots that paid tribute to the Native American culture
"Woke" is letting adult biological men who feel like a woman compete against adult biological women in high skilled athletic competitions
"Woke" is addressing someone as "they" instead of their given name and biological gender
"Woke" is when all else fails and no other choice, pull "the card" and all blame falls on Whitey no matter how wrong the offending party is...
"Woke" is the attempt at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach that all Caucasians are inherently racist and the issues/problems and troubles of other ethnicities are all the cause of the racist behavior and treatment from the White man...
That's "Woke"
“CRT” is a DOCTORAL LAW COURSE THEORY it is NOT taught in public schools. Try to learn something before you blither again.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:42 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
That's "Woke"
This really doesn’t seem to be a definition. It’s more of a list of things that people have been conditioned to be rankled about.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:20 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:57 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
That's "Woke"
“CRT” is a DOCTORAL LAW COURSE THEORY it is NOT taught in public schools. Try to learn something before you blither again.
I said "ATTEMPT" at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach
Maybe you blither more than me skippy, again, stupid replies I await...and you did not disappoint...

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:22 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:42 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
That's "Woke"
This really doesn’t seem to be a definition. It’s more of a list of things that people have been conditioned to be rankled about.
Oh it's a definition, I have you down as agreed upon all I listed?...

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:10 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:31 pm
Riff Raff wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:28 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 pm
You know what it is?

I just pick my battles. Can't get pissy about every last little thing in life. A woman I don't know having a medical procedure that has nothing to do with me or my 5 year old not wanting to go to bed on time. Which one am I going to deal with? I've been through the wringer in life, man. Choices.
I was always told growing up to " Choose your battles". Personally I think the whole transferred thing is weird as all get out but I'm not going dislike somebody because of it or call them names. It's there life, not mine.

Without going into it, I've dealt with some real pieces of crap, in terms of people in my life over time. So I despise bullies and don't act like one.
I have met many assholes that are white, black straight, gay, tranny, foreign, etc., etc., etc. I much prefer dogs to people for the most part.
I'm more of a cat kind of a guy but honestly, Animals are way better then humans.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:41 am

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:10 am
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:31 pm
Riff Raff wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:28 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 pm
You know what it is?

I just pick my battles. Can't get pissy about every last little thing in life. A woman I don't know having a medical procedure that has nothing to do with me or my 5 year old not wanting to go to bed on time. Which one am I going to deal with? I've been through the wringer in life, man. Choices.
I was always told growing up to " Choose your battles". Personally I think the whole transferred thing is weird as all get out but I'm not going dislike somebody because of it or call them names. It's there life, not mine.

Without going into it, I've dealt with some real pieces of crap, in terms of people in my life over time. So I despise bullies and don't act like one.
I have met many assholes that are white, black straight, gay, tranny, foreign, etc., etc., etc. I much prefer dogs to people for the most part.
I'm more of a cat kind of a guy but honestly, Animals are way better then humans.
I’m more of a cat guy too, but I’ll take a dog over a Republican any day.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:09 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:22 am
Well since you asked...
lidoshuffle wrote:
"Woke" is taking Uncle Ben off the rice packages Dumb. As I understand it, the name and the character were not designed around slavery or any Black stereotype.
"Woke" is taking the grinning Indian caricature off the baseball caps I can see why it would be offensive and off-putting to an Am-Indian, but sometimes offensive relics should remain in place to remind us of things and make us think about why the relic makes us feel uncomfortable.
"Woke" is changing names from Native American sports teams and banning mascots that paid tribute to the Native American culture I'm not naive enough to believe that this pays tribute to Native American culture.

"Woke" is taking the lady off the syrup bottles lol I wonder why people would see a syrup package that is literally modeled after slaved Black women as antiquated. I think it was time to move on and can understand how the character was symbolic of some things, whether purposeful or not
"Woke" is taking the Native American woman off the tubs of butter/margarine Didn't know. Now know. Still don't care!
"Woke" is letting adult biological men who feel like a woman compete against adult biological women in high skilled athletic competitions Agreed. Fallon Fox should be in prison.
"Woke" is addressing someone as "they" instead of their given name and biological gender Just be polite to people. I just figure why shit on someone, especially if they could be working some shit out. It doesn't take much to be courteous.
"Woke" is screaming for Law Enforcement to be defunded Agreed. Most law enforcement I see is poorly trained and we get what we pay for. Put more money down on it and teach these people how to serve communities, not themselves.
"Woke" is designated "safe spaces" and "no Caucasians allowed" spaces as well Why should a space be unsafe?
"Woke" is when all else fails and no other choice, pull "the card" and all blame falls on Whitey no matter how wrong the offending party is... Yeah, people really shouldn't let skin color play a role in how they interpret a situation.
"Woke" is the attempt at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach that all Caucasians are inherently racist and the issues/problems and troubles of other ethnicities are all the cause of the racist behavior and treatment from the White man...My nephew is in the first grade and the first week he came home from school he had me help him with a story problem for his math homework. The question was "There are three young African American gentlemen sitting at a bench eating an apple. An evil White MAN came up to them, and slapped the apple away. The three young African American gentlemen educated and corrected the evil White MAN for 45 minutes about colonialism and slavery, and he walked to the hardware store. How tall of a limb should the evil White MAN tie the noose before he hangs himself for being a deplorable detriment to society?"
Yeah, what you have isn't a definition. You have a low reliability, low validity set of items. I think you need to go back to the drawing board, or fox news or someplace.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:21 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:09 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:22 am
Well since you asked...
lidoshuffle wrote:
"Woke" is taking Uncle Ben off the rice packages Dumb. As I understand it, the name and the character were not designed around slavery or any Black stereotype.
"Woke" is taking the grinning Indian caricature off the baseball caps I can see why it would be offensive and off-putting to an Am-Indian, but sometimes offensive relics should remain in place to remind us of things and make us think about why the relic makes us feel uncomfortable.
"Woke" is changing names from Native American sports teams and banning mascots that paid tribute to the Native American culture I'm not naive enough to believe that this pays tribute to Native American culture.

"Woke" is taking the lady off the syrup bottles lol I wonder why people would see a syrup package that is literally modeled after slaved Black women as antiquated. I think it was time to move on and can understand how the character was symbolic of some things, whether purposeful or not
"Woke" is taking the Native American woman off the tubs of butter/margarine Didn't know. Now know. Still don't care!
"Woke" is letting adult biological men who feel like a woman compete against adult biological women in high skilled athletic competitions Agreed. Fallon Fox should be in prison.
"Woke" is addressing someone as "they" instead of their given name and biological gender Just be polite to people. I just figure why shit on someone, especially if they could be working some shit out. It doesn't take much to be courteous.
"Woke" is screaming for Law Enforcement to be defunded Agreed. Most law enforcement I see is poorly trained and we get what we pay for. Put more money down on it and teach these people how to serve communities, not themselves.
"Woke" is designated "safe spaces" and "no Caucasians allowed" spaces as well Why should a space be unsafe?
"Woke" is when all else fails and no other choice, pull "the card" and all blame falls on Whitey no matter how wrong the offending party is... Yeah, people really shouldn't let skin color play a role in how they interpret a situation.
"Woke" is the attempt at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach that all Caucasians are inherently racist and the issues/problems and troubles of other ethnicities are all the cause of the racist behavior and treatment from the White man...My nephew is in the first grade and the first week he came home from school he had me help him with a story problem for his math homework. The question was "There are three young African American gentlemen sitting at a bench eating an apple. An evil White MAN came up to them, and slapped the apple away. The three young African American gentlemen educated and corrected the evil White MAN for 45 minutes about colonialism and slavery, and he walked to the hardware store. How tall of a limb should the evil White MAN tie the noose before he hangs himself for being a deplorable detriment to society?"
Yeah, what you have isn't a definition. You have a low reliability, low validity set of items. I think you need to go back to the drawing board, or fox news or someplace.

I'm sure your a bastion of morality everyday in your life,
How many times do you get on the internet, just looking to be offended?
I stand by my comments
Now why don't you go watch and pleasure yourself to "The View"...
"Woke" is a joke...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:30 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:20 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:57 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
That's "Woke"
I said "ATTEMPT" at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach
Maybe you blither more than me skippy, again, stupid replies I await...and you did not disappoint...
Nobody is attempting to do that either. It’s way too complicated to teach to someone at that age. Teaching diversity is what’s going on. Young people today are majority minority. It’s already game over. If you were truly worried about this sort of thing the 1970’s or 1980’s would have been a better time for a Trump style wreck everything fuck-it-all type. The diversity horse has left the barn.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:09 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:21 am
I have to be honest with you, it seems to me from this list that you wake up every morning looking to be offended. lidoshuffle gets to be woke in his own special way :D
lidoshuffle wrote:
I stand by my comments
"Woke" is a joke...
lol I have never seen "The View".

The definition of "woke" seems to be things that make lidoshuffle unreasonably upset.

I feel like a more apt definition would be "the acceptance and pontification of viewpoints that align with changes in the distribution of resources and protections concerning perceived social, economic, and political inequities perceived to be experienced by minorities, LGBTQ+, and disabled status individuals." Which is okay, to a point. I've seen a lot of good points made by "woke" people, but I also think that the time has come to lighten up and frankly, it is time to pull back because social issue advancement in public policy has far surpassed economic issue advancement. Why aren't we making the changes needed to support social security and medicare in the future? It would be much more easy to address that now than later.

The problem is two-fold. One, people don't understand how to not be an obnoxious asshole when doing it. Two, positions seem to be guided by opinion and assumptions, rather than anything more objective. The generic blue-hair screaming woman screaming about cops being murderers like a psychopath is basically the other side of the coin to the generic old lady screaming about a woman getting an abortion being a murderer like a psychopath. Both are being obnoxious assholes and both are being guided by opinion and assumptions.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:56 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:09 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
I have to be honest with you, it seems to me from this list that you wake up every morning looking to be offended. lidoshuffle gets to be woke in his own special way :D
lidoshuffle wrote:
I stand by my comments
"Woke" is a joke...
lol I have never seen "The View".

The definition of "woke" seems to be things that make lidoshuffle unreasonably upset.

I feel like a more apt definition would be "the acceptance and pontification of viewpoints that align with changes in the distribution of resources and protections concerning perceived social, economic, and political inequities perceived to be experienced by minorities, LGBTQ+, and disabled status individuals." Which is okay, to a point. I've seen a lot of good points made by "woke" people, but I also think that the time has come to lighten up and frankly, it is time to pull back because social issue advancement in public policy has far surpassed economic issue advancement. Why aren't we making the changes needed to support social security and medicare in the future? It would be much more easy to address that now than later.

The problem is two-fold. One, people don't understand how to not be an obnoxious asshole when doing it. Two, positions seem to be guided by opinion and assumptions, rather than anything more objective. The generic blue-hair screaming woman screaming about cops being murderers like a psychopath is basically the other side of the coin to the generic old lady screaming about a woman getting an abortion being a murderer like a psychopath. Both are being obnoxious assholes and both are being guided by opinion and assumptions.
Damn did I trigger the Liberal Buzzboard woke folk today!!
My job is done here....

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:07 am

"Y'all"...(lol) woke and Liberal/Progressive/Democrats can have the last word, "Woke" is a joke, spare me the detailed diatribes and reasoning a few of you have posted in reply to me, if you're so offended by my post, ask the administrator to delete my posts or cancel/delete me, which is what the Left loves to do.
Yes I admit , "woke" ism...is a subject that pisses me off to no avail...
Carry on...I have work to do around the house, taking advantage of this late October Saturday warm weather...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:34 am

dchildress wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:48 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:26 am
Woke is just a slur for someone who is progressive.
This is what I also understand it to be.
And "progressive" is just an attempt to put perfume on the pig that was a leftist liberal Marxist.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:12 pm

I guess I can't decribe myself as progressive. I'm a luddite.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic