Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Am I Woke?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Am I Woke?

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:33 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:31 pm

Yes.... If you want to be totally left you gotta get totally woke man...
I think I have already been totally left behind.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:42 am

You can call it woke. I call it just not being an asshole.

Cashier at the grocery store last night is "transitioning". Doesn't affect my paycheck. Didn't affect my grocery order. Scanned my items, had some convo, paid my bill, off I went. I'm just accepting and don't want to repeat the same mistakes as prior generations. If it bothers you that much, well, Idk what to tell you. Something something freedom and something something rights.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:27 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:42 am

Cashier at the grocery store last night is "transitioning". Doesn't affect my paycheck. Didn't affect my grocery order. Scanned my items, had some convo, paid my bill, off I went. I'm just accepting and don't want to repeat the same mistakes as prior generations. If it bothers you that much, well, Idk what to tell you. Something something freedom and something something rights.
Pretty much…

Are some of these people so well off they don’t need to worry about themselves and can use this much energy trying to control other peoples behavior?

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:39 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:42 am

This is my outlook on life. I've just seen an uptick of people acting like A-holes in the past few years, I don't have time for small minds and grown adults acting like self centered cry babies. I deal with enough of these ding dongs at my job.

People who run there mouths the most have the least amount say and all these political signs I see all over the place, my own view is I don't give &^% who you vote for.

Furthermore, if I owned a business, I would have a no politics and no religion rule in the work place, as well as if you want to park your car/truck in my lot, no political bumper stickers or flags of any kind. Going off topic but it all contributes to this whole toxic culture that has emerged in recent years.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:53 pm

Hey, if someone wants to be called "they", it doesn't fuck up my day. If someone was Justin and is now Justine, hey, enjoy it. I'm still gonna drive home to my house, see my wife and kids and dogs, eat dinner, go to bed, go to work, etc., etc.

-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:00 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:53 pm
Hey, if someone wants to be called "they", it doesn't fuck up my day. If someone was Justin and is now Justine, hey, enjoy it. I'm still gonna drive home to my house, see my wife and kids and dogs, eat dinner, go to bed, go to work, etc., etc.
You mean your life won’t end? You must share this secret to success.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:04 pm

You mean that fake litter boxes in classrooms don’t mean more than telling kids gay people don’t exist? What a concept!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 pm

To answer TT's original question - in order to become woke, you must first accept that you have white privilege. If you can't accept that by being white, you were born with an unfair advantage in life, then you can never be woke.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 pm

You know what it is?

I just pick my battles. Can't get pissy about every last little thing in life. A woman I don't know having a medical procedure that has nothing to do with me or my 5 year old not wanting to go to bed on time. Which one am I going to deal with? I've been through the wringer in life, man. Choices.

-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 pm
To answer TT's original question - in order to become woke, you must first accept that you have white privilege. If you can't accept that by being white, you were born with an unfair advantage in life, then you can never be woke.
Oh yes. I have white privilege. I discovered it the day a Georgia cop stopped me for speeding. He didn't call for backup. He didn't approach my car with his gun drawn. He didn't make me get out of the car. Didn't pat me down. Didn't search my vehicle.

He just took my license and my registration back to his cruiser. He came back about ten minutes later, handed me my ticket and told me to "drive carefully Sir."

That's not the conduct I observe when they stop a black driver.

So, am I woke?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:32 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:34 pm
bmw wrote:
Oh yes. I have white privilege. I discovered it the day a Georgia cop stopped me for speeding. He didn't call for backup. He didn't approach my car with his gun drawn. He didn't make me get out of the car. Didn't pat me down. Didn't search my vehicle.

He just took my license and my registration back to his cruiser. He came back about ten minutes later, handed me my ticket and told me to "drive carefully Sir."

So, am I woke?
Congratulations yes you are.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:49 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:32 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:34 pm
bmw wrote:

So, am I woke?
Congratulations yes you are.
They saw an Ontario plate and knew our TT was harmless.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:28 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
You know what it is?

I just pick my battles. Can't get pissy about every last little thing in life. A woman I don't know having a medical procedure that has nothing to do with me or my 5 year old not wanting to go to bed on time. Which one am I going to deal with? I've been through the wringer in life, man. Choices.
I was always told growing up to " Choose your battles". Personally I think the whole transferred thing is weird as all get out but I'm not going dislike somebody because of it or call them names. It's there life, not mine.

Without going into it, I've dealt with some real pieces of crap, in terms of people in my life over time. So I despise bullies and don't act like one.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:31 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:28 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
You know what it is?

I was always told growing up to " Choose your battles". Personally I think the whole transferred thing is weird as all get out but I'm not going dislike somebody because of it or call them names. It's there life, not mine.

Without going into it, I've dealt with some real pieces of crap, in terms of people in my life over time. So I despise bullies and don't act like one.
I have met many assholes that are white, black straight, gay, tranny, foreign, etc., etc., etc. I much prefer dogs to people for the most part.

The censorship king from out of state.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:00 pm

"Woke" is taking Uncle Ben off the rice packages,
"Woke" is taking the grinning Indian caricature off the baseball caps
"Woke" is changing names from Native American sports teams and banning mascots that paid tribute to the Native American culture
"Woke" is taking the lady off the syrup bottles
"Woke" is taking the Native American woman off the tubs of butter/margarine
"Woke" is letting adult biological men who feel like a woman compete against adult biological women in high skilled athletic competitions
"Woke" is addressing someone as "they" instead of their given name and biological gender
"Woke" is screaming for Law Enforcement to be defunded
"Woke" is designated "safe spaces" and "no Caucasians allowed" spaces as well
"Woke" is when all else fails and no other choice, pull "the card" and all blame falls on Whitey no matter how wrong the offending party is...
"Woke" is the attempt at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach that all Caucasians are inherently racist and the issues/problems and troubles of other ethnicities are all the cause of the racist behavior and treatment from the White man...
That's "Woke"
I await stupid replies....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic