Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Outa Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:24 am

Leaving for a few weeks of trailer trash in Florida. Flying out of Detroit Sunday morning. Returning end of October
Last edited by Turkeytop on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Re: Outa Here

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:26 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:24 am
Leaving for a few weeks of trailer trash in Florida. Flying out of Detroit Sunday morning. Returning end of October

Flying Delta I see...

Isn't Spirit the working class airline?

Have a safe flight and enjoy your time in Florida!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:31 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:26 am

Flying Delta I see...

We're flying Spirit. Not due to class considerations, just because their schedule turned out to be more convenient for us,

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:18 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:31 am
Matt wrote:

Flying Delta I see...

We're flying Spirit. Not due to class considerations, just because their schedule turned out to be more convenient for us,
Ah - I missed the Sunday part and saw the McNamara terminal and assumed it was a pic you had just taken. Be prepared for plenty of hidden costs with Spirit.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Matt wrote:

There are no classes at the airport. Everyone gets treated equally bad. You surrender your class and your dignity as soon as you enter the door of the terminal. After that, you're just livestock to be herded around.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:55 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm
Matt wrote:

There are no classes at the airport. Everyone gets treated equally bad. You surrender your class and your dignity as soon as you enter the door of the terminal. After that, you're just livestock to be herded around.
There sure are classes within the plane though.

The censorship king from out of state.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:39 pm

I'll walk where I need to go rather than ever get on another Spirit flight in my life. Fell for it once and never again.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:43 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:39 pm
I'll walk where I need to go rather than ever get on another Spirit flight in my life. Fell for it once and never again.
Wow. What don't I know about it? I hate flying any time.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:03 pm

They nickel and dime you for everything. Don't want to sit in a middle seat? Extra fee. Don't want to pay to check a bag so you just have a carry-on? Sorry... that's gonna cost you too. By the time you end up paying for all the extra shit you MIGHT save $50 a ticket (probably less). And when you have to deal with the type of people that usually occupy a Spirit flight, I'll gladly pay $50 not to.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:11 pm

Last month we flew Delta. When we got home I found $280.00 charged to my credit card for sest upgrades. We hadn't asked for upgrades. We just took the seats they had assigned us to. I called them and they reversed those charges.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:12 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Delta does a nice job of hiding the things that those of us who are Platinum medallion receive. You probably didn't even know there's private clubs in every airport for those of us who fly regularly.

I assure you I am not herded in airports.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:42 pm

Does Spirit have actual seats or do you have to bring your own lawn chair?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:20 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:24 am
Why anyone would miss fall around here is beyond me, but suit yourself. Stay safe from the hurricanes. I wouldn't head down there until November, preferably several weeks after the elections with all the hot heads there.

I only would fly Delta, Jet Blue, or Southwest. The rest is just asking for bad service.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:28 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:12 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Delta does a nice job of hiding the things that those of us who are Platinum medallion receive. You probably didn't even know there's private clubs in every airport for those of us who fly regularly.

Except now Delta restricts access to their Sky Club to three hours before flight time. At first they also restricted access on arrival which really sucked on trips to Asia. They finally backtracked on that policy after enough people pitched a bitch.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:28 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:28 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:12 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Except now Delta restricts access to their Sky Club to three hours before flight time. At first they also restricted access on arrival which really sucked on trips to Asia. They finally backtracked on that policy after enough people pitched a bitch.
Actually they resended that rule after about 3 weeks of relentless punishment from regular flyers.

As long as you have a ticket on Delta within 24 hours you can come to the club.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic