Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Outa Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Outa Here

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:00 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:55 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:19 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:49 pm
I'm scared shitless.

We are flying into Florida in December for our honeymoon. I haven't been on a plane since I was 2, was always afraid of heights, witnessed 9/11 and now have to fly. Delta. I don't wanna. I don't fucking wanna. I hate being high up (ironic for me) and get a panic attack at the thought of it.
Close your eyes and get an aisle seat and have her pull the shade down.
I'm still gonna KNOW I'm 30,000 feet up!
Yikes… good point. I get mistaken for a pilot because my uniform has epaulets… my god… I could never be a pilot… I can barely get up a ladder.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:11 pm

Tell your dr. what’s up, get a couple Valium, have your fiancé wheel you to the gate in a wheelbarrow, only way I fly anymore, I prefer Amtrak to cross the country. They have a great steak, gets loaded on board right from the packer.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:27 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
I'm scared shitless.

We are flying into Florida in December for our honeymoon. I haven't been on a plane since I was 2, was always afraid of heights, witnessed 9/11 and now have to fly. Delta. I don't wanna. I don't fucking wanna. I hate being high up (ironic for me) and get a panic attack at the thought of it.
First off, congratulations! Secondly, you will be fine and might even like it. My wife was terrified to fly and then we went to Arizona earlier this year. She had the exact same pre-flight anxiety that you have on the way out. After a successful first flight, she had no issues on the return and can't wait to fly again. Her prior flight anxiety limited where we could go on vacation for a long time - flying really opens up the world to you. If the TSA line is long, I recommend signing up for a free two month membership to Clear at the airport.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:44 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:27 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
I'm scared shitless.

First off, congratulations! Secondly, you will be fine and might even like it. My wife was terrified to fly and then we went to Arizona earlier this year. She had the exact same pre-flight anxiety that you have on the way out. After a successful first flight, she had no issues on the return and can't wait to fly again. Her prior flight anxiety limited where we could go on vacation for a long time - flying really opens up the world to you. If the TSA line is long, I recommend signing up for a free two month membership to Clear at the airport.
Thanks, Matt. My wife is pro, she's traveled for years and wants to in the future, so I guess I better get on it. It's strange that the idea of the cruise ship doesn't bother me but being high in the air does. Oh, well. Que Sera Sera.

As for HD...I don't think me taking any kind of pills is a good idea. Let's just say I had some..."problems" before 😆

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:05 am

You have a gift registry? Ask for a gift certificate for a root canal. A lot more fun.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:24 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
I'm scared shitless.

If you haven't purchased your ticket already, and can fly into Miami, I highly recommend Southwest as a much more pleasant flight experience.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:32 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:24 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
I'm scared shitless.

If you haven't purchased your ticket already, and can fly into Miami, I highly recommend Southwest as a much more pleasant flight experience.
Oh, yeah. All purchased and set a couple months ago. Like I said, her and her family are regular Ponce de Leon's, so they have their favorites and their choices. I just ask not wind up like Lynyrd Skynyrd.

-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:40 pm

If it makes you feel any better, you have a much greater chance of ending up like Her's if you drive down.

Even more, your odds of being murdered in the city of Detroit are much much higher than dying in a commercial plane crash.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:07 pm

That's what her and her folks keep telling me. I have more of a chance of dying in a car accident than a plane crash. At least I'm already on the ground! 😂

-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:35 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
I'm scared shitless.

Not better than Delta...

I am always reminded that the pilot has a vested interest in the plane landing at the destination.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:52 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:35 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
I'm scared shitless.

Not better than Delta...

I am always reminded that the pilot has a vested interest in the plane landing at the destination.
Plus at DTW, flying Delta separates you from the trash flying Spirit. American, United, and Southwest fliers are subjected to Spirit trash.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:57 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:52 am

Plus at DTW, flying Delta separates you from the trash flying Spirit. American, United, and Southwest fliers are subjected to Spirit trash.
Next Sunday we'll be going from being trailer trash to Spirit trash. Going back home.

I hope I never have to fly anywhere, ever again, for the rest of my life.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:20 pm

Yes, I have heard some not-so-good things about Spirit. My wife wanted to avoid them at all costs (literally).

-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:28 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:20 pm
Yes, I have heard some not-so-good things about Spirit. My wife wanted to avoid them at all costs (literally).
Your wife is wise beyond her years.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:10 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:57 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:52 am

Next Sunday we'll be going from being trailer trash to Spirit trash. Going back home.

I hope I never have to fly anywhere, ever again, for the rest of my life.
When are you driving back down?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic