Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jacob Hills Murder

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Ben Zonia

Jacob Hills Murder

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:15 pm

Recent Grand Blanc High School graduate Jacob Hills was found dead over the weekend in the basement of an abandoned building in Detroit, after attending party in nearby Dearborn Heights. 18 years olds today are very naive in many ways, and actually always have been, but worse today. They are easily led into danger, especially after being convinced by friends that going to a party in an area likely to be unsafe is actually safe. Unless you are very familiar with an area, and know exactly what areas are safe and which are likely to be unsafe, don't go there. This is true in many cities in Michigan. Many more cities now are unsafe, not just the obvious ones, in Michigan and elsewhere.

Even more common is when "friends" "double dog dare them" to do something unsafe, ending in tragedy. That can happen anywhere, to anyone. Never assume a person in their late teens or early twenties is mature enough to say no to dangerous situations, especially after drinking alcohol or casually using drugs. College towns are notorious for this.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-tee ... ymous-call

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 15783

Re: Jacob Hills Murder

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:32 am

Many suburban teens think it's cool to venture into Detroit. I know some. Ride around. Cruise the boulevards. Wander around downtown.

Think back to the coverage of Detroit's protesting over George Floyd. How many lily white kids you see in the mix?
Anyone could tell just by looking:
"They ain't from Detroit".

Turkeytop

Re: Jacob Hills Murder

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:21 pm

Thoughts and prayers.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic