Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beyond or Impossible burgers?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Honeyman

Beyond or Impossible burgers?

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 22, 2022 2:15 pm

Bunch of people coming over for a Memorial Day BBQ and there will be a few vegetarians (sick fucks) in attendance. Since I'm the perfect host, I don't want to leave them out. Which of these burgers is better?

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 15783

Re: Beyond or Impossible burgers?

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:01 pm

Honeyman wrote:
    Sun May 22, 2022 2:15 pm
      Bunch of people coming over for a Memorial Day BBQ and there will be a few vegetarians (sick fucks) in attendance. Since I'm the perfect host, I don't want to leave them out. Which of these burgers is better?
      I can't help you out with either of those brands. Haven't tried them.
      We use Morning Star. Only difference is Morning Star is already a frozen patty. I think a 4 pack is about $4.50.
      No one has complained about that brand that I know of anyway.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:49 pm

We bought some kind of bean burgers at Costco awhile back. They were pretty tasty but I couldn't tell you what label was on them.
      If you have a Costco membership I'm pretty sure they were the only veggie burgers they have.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 22, 2022 7:24 pm

One day at COSTCO they were handing out little, bite sized samles of some kind of vegie burger. It tasted pretty good, but it tasted nothing like meat. Just pleasantly seasoned vegetables,

There was kid about ten years old ahead of me in the line to get some. I pointed and said to him "Look. You can see the bits of carrot and peas in it." The kid said "Ah, gross." and took off without even trying it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 22, 2022 8:18 pm

craig11152 wrote:
      Sun May 22, 2022 5:49 pm
      We bought some kind of bean burgers at Costco awhile back. They were pretty tasty but I couldn't tell you what label was on them.
      If you have a Costco membership I'm pretty sure they were the only veggie burgers they have.
      My wife makes a killer bean burger, but doesn't work for the grill. And I've had surprisngly very good vegan burgers before at restaurants that specialize in this shit. These are supposed to grill up decent which is key. I'll be 1/2 in the bag, but I can grill a great burger shitfaced. Need something fairly foolproof from the Vegan end of things.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 22, 2022 11:05 pm

Don't do either. Get some nice size portobello mushrooms brush them and some olive oil little salt and pepper and grill those and serve them just like a burger

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Sun May 22, 2022 11:09 pm

Haven't tried the Beyond Burger yet, but I've downed my share of Impossible burgers and have to say that I really like them. The taste, texture, and not-very-juicy nature of the Impossible patties are, to me, more like venison than ground beef. When ordering an Impossible Whopper at Burger King, I ask for extra ketchup to make up for the dryness.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 22, 2022 11:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
      Sun May 22, 2022 11:05 pm
      Don't do either. Get some nice size portobello mushrooms brush them and some olive oil little salt and pepper and grill those and serve them just like a burger
      Love portobellos! I even have a special aioli I make and usually serve them on cheesy garlic bread. But for this night, I know I'm gonna be heavily intoxicated and wanna machine burgers on buns. All the acutrimants will be ready to go, and I'll be like a short order cook.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 24, 2022 9:59 pm

gotcha.

But at least play a little Dead Eye Dick "New Age Girl" while they're eating the vegan shit.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 am

NOW Arby's has the burgers!!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed May 25, 2022 7:49 am

matt1 wrote:
      Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 am
      Arby's burgers are a blend of ground beef and Wagyu beef, a Japanese breed of genuine beef, not veggie burgers.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
      - Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 25, 2022 7:52 am

moldyoldie wrote:
      Wed May 25, 2022 7:49 am
      matt1 wrote:
      Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 am
      Arby's burgers are a blend of ground beef and Wagyu beef, a Japanese breed of genuine beef, not veggie burgers.
      This is a kinder response than I would have given.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 25, 2022 8:19 am

Tell your vegetarian friends that if they don't want what you're grilling, they can go into the front yard and graze in the grass.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:30 am

bmw wrote:
      Wed May 25, 2022 8:19 am
      Tell your vegetarian friends that if they don't want what you're grilling, they can go into the front yard and graze in the grass.
      Whenever I'm at a restaurant with my vegan friends and they order salads, I say "Salad is what food eats." :hat

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
      Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:25 pm

bmw wrote:
      Wed May 25, 2022 8:19 am
      Through the years, I've encouraged friends that are on a special diet, or say they don't eat this or that, to bring their own food. I've been to potlucks where people expect someone else to make a sugar free cake or have milk free hot dog buns for them or their kids.

Even when I'm hosting, I'm not shy saying:
      "I'm just keeping it simple (even if I'm not). If you are following keto, or Paleo, or gluten free, or whatever, please bring your own grub. We'd all love to try it".
      Last edited by Deleted User 15783 on Wed May 25, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic