Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kroger

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Kroger

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:18 am

They advertise Kroger on TV here in Florida. It seemed odd to me because Kroger doesn't have any stores down here. But today, I saw a Kroger delivery van driving around. People must order online from Kroger and get it delivered down to Florida.

That's what i call customer loyalty.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Kroger

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:04 am

They have local distribution offices similar to the Amazon warehouses. I have Michigan family that moved there that rave about Kroger delivery. Not everyone likes Publix and WalFart.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:23 am

Publix does have excellent brand reputation; it will be an uphill battle (possibly) for Kroger. It is not uncommon for Publix and San Antonio, TX based H-E-B to be at or near the very top of various "best grocery chain" lists.

Interesting concept nonetheless; very Amazon like.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/04/kroger- ... a%20border.

I wonder if they run weekly sales in Florida like they do elsewhere? I love it when Kroger offers angus ground sirloin for $3.99 a pound and not-from-concentrate OJ for $1.79. :8)

The fuel points are a nice perk, but my car doesn't particularly like their regular unleaded gas, which likely has little if any detergents & additives beyond federal minimum requirements. So, I tend to gas up at Costco instead.

Meijer, Kroger and Target have been locked into quite the price war here in Metro Detroit for a couple years now. It is not uncommon for certain Meijer grocery items in its Detroit area stores to be marked $0.50 or more cheaper than the same product at its Grand Rapids area stores, especially private label products.

SpartanNash has terrible pricing compared to Kroger and Meijer, which is why Meijer can "get away" with higher prices in the G.R. area versus Detroit.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/04/kroger- ... a%20border.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:56 am

The market here is dominated by Publix and Walmart. There used to be several smaller chains but the only one remaining is Winn Dixie and they're struggling, Winn Dixie and Aldi get most of our business.

We never shop online for anything.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:47 am

Publix is great.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:47 am
Publix is great.
It's a little too middle class for me. But, I gotta admit. Their cottage cheese is the best.. It's one of my guilty pleasures. I hide it in the back of the fridge.

Deleted User 15773

Post by Deleted User 15773 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:59 pm

I can't say I've ever visited A Publix store, I've never been to area where there has been one. I find Kroger, outside of there specials to be a tad spendy. Meijer has gotten to be quite high dollar as well.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:52 pm

Personally, I love Publix, but they have large stores as does WalFart. My aunt and uncle are getting up there in age, so they like having delivery. I can’t blame them for that.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:33 pm

Grim Reaper wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:59 pm
I can't say I've ever visited A Publix store, I've never been to area where there has been one. I find Kroger, outside of there specials to be a tad spendy. Meijer has gotten to be quite high dollar as well.
Meijer has started something I don't care for. The price on the shelf says 2 for 1, or some similar savings.
Then it says the discount is for the next time you buy it, not what you are buying now.

Deleted User 15773

Post by Deleted User 15773 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:16 am

Circle Seven wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:33 pm
Grim Reaper wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:59 pm
Meijer has started something I don't care for. The price on the shelf says 2 for 1, or some similar savings.
Then it says the discount is for the next time you buy it, not what you are buying now.
Yes... I was just there this evening and you really have to watch that, I find it to be quite annoying myself.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:59 am

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:57 am

You mean Kroger's cottage cheese is way better than Meijer??

Radiohead

Post by Radiohead » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:47 am

Kroger owns Harris-Teeter stores in Fl. also.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic