Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Add Another to the List

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Add Another to the List

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:59 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:56 pm
McDonald's - Middlebelt Rd, Romulus MI

McDonald's - Huron Church Rd Windsor ON

Bally's - Las Vegas

McCarran International Airport - Las Vegas
What did they do to you?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:59 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:56 pm
McDonald's - Middlebelt Rd, Romulus MI shit his brains out

McDonald's - Huron Church Rd Windsor ON shit his brains out

Bally's - Las Vegas eliminated penny slots

McCarran International Airport - Las Vegas tried to get him to sign up for Clear
What did they do to you?
Answers in the shitty turquoise(?) color.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:51 pm

McD Romulus: There is no human to take your order. You have to place your order using a filthy, touch screen kiosk. We cleared out decided to wait until we got into Windsor where there is a McD right at the bottom of the Ambassador Bridge.

They have a sign posted that they won't accept any more than $20 in Canadian Currency. If your bill is more than $20 you must pay in $ US.

By ordering only small size French Fries with our order I was able to keep it just under $20

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:40 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:51 pm
McD Romulus: There is no human to take your order. You have to place your order using a filthy, touch screen kiosk. We cleared out decided to wait until we got into Windsor where there is a McD right at the bottom of the Ambassador Bridge.

They have a sign posted that they won't accept any more than $20 in Canadian Currency. If your bill is more than $20 you must pay in $ US.

By ordering only small size French Fries with our order I was able to keep it just under $20
Boy you showed them! Well done!

tc

Post by tc » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:37 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:04 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:44 pm

I don't think I'd want to eat there.
I would go there BECAUSE of that sign. If they're confident enough to make an obvious joke about themselves, they probably know what they're doing.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:43 pm

tc wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:37 pm
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:04 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:44 pm

I don't think I'd want to eat there.
I would go there BECAUSE of that sign. If they're confident enough to make an obvious joke about themselves, they probably know what they're doing.
The sign I could go there for. Wonder if it's sarcastic.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:26 pm

McDonalds. Oxford St and Wharncliffe Rd, London. I'm not boycotting them. I've been there before and I'd go back again if they'd let me. But I'm now persona non grata there.

It's in a hopelessly middle class part of the city, near the University. There's a Starbucks at that same intersection.

The management at McDonalds has made a business decision, they will no longer serve working class customers.

That's OK. There are plenty of other McDs in town where I am still welcome.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:41 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:26 pm
McDonalds. Oxford St and Wharncliffe Rd, London. I'm not boycotting them. I've been there before and I'd go back again if they'd let me. But I'm now persona non grata there.

It's in a hopelessly middle class part of the city, near the University. There's a Starbucks at that same intersection.

The management at McDonalds has made a business decision, they will no longer serve working class customers.

How did you take the pic?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:41 pm

How did you take the pic?

With a camera. Don't ask me for any of the technial details. I'm not a photographer

Kodak PIXPRO FZ43

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:00 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:26 pm

What exactly did they do to have you reach this conclusion?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:00 pm

It isn't my conclusion. It's their policy.

I think it might be just an experiment at this one location. If it works out, maybe they'll want to roll it out chainwide.

We live in the working class end of the city. I can't see it ever working for them out here.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:57 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:13 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:00 pm

It isn't my conclusion. It's their policy.

I think it might be just an experiment at this one location. If it works out, maybe they'll want to roll it out chainwide.

We live in the working class end of the city. I can't see it ever working for them out here.
Ok… what’s the policy…. What is making you say this?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:08 am

I could fake middle class. I could turn my clothes inside out, so the labels are on the outside. I could wear sandals with no socks. I could wear jewelry. I could wear sunglasses on the top of my head. I could get an old cell phone at a thrift shop and super glue it to the palm of my hand.

That might get me inside the door. But as soon as they found out I don't have a ap, they'd refuse to serve me. They only accept orders from a ap. Their middle class customers are OK with that. They even have to reserve a table usiing their ap.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:11 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:08 am
I could fake middle class. I could turn my clothes inside out, so the labels are on the outside. I could wear sandals with no socks. I could wear jewelry. I could wear sunglasses on the top of my head. I could get an old cell phone at a thrift shop and super glue it to the palm of my hand.

That might get me inside the door. But as soon as they found out I don't have a ap, they'd refuse to serve me. They only accept orders from a ap. Their middle class customers are OK with that. They even have to reserve a table usiing their ap.
Or you could be like all the other working class folks and use an app.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:38 am

Or, I could stay right here where I belong, in the working class part of the city, and live life normally.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic