Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Add Another to the List

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Add Another to the List

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:25 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:12 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:20 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:27 pm
Speedway and Sunoco.
I used to work at Speedway… what did these two do?

You know this is more fun if you describe what pissed you off…
He found out both are in on the top secret "middle class" gas deal where if you pay with the app, you get gas for $1.75, whereas the working class stiffs are still paying double that AND they have to prepay.
I am guessing he hates Kroger and that bastard loyalty card. :lol :lol

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:02 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:28 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:20 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:27 pm
Speedway and Sunoco.
I used to work at Speedway… what did these two do?

You know this is more fun if you describe what pissed you off…

I decided to try this revolutionary new payment method I've heard so much about. "Pay at the pump."

I pulled into Speedway and inserted my credit card when prompted. It just disappeared. Swallowd up by the works. And it didn't come back. The attendant had to open up the gas pump and disassemble the mechanism inside to retrieve my card.

He suggested I try another pump. When I inserted my card at the next pump it came up with a message "Credit card payment unavailable at this time."

I sped out of Speedway and drove to the Sunoco down the street. I tried four different pumps and got four different lame excuses. "Chip error." "Declined." "Flutny." "Please try again later." I gave the pump a good solid kick, leaving a noticeable dent in the front of it.

I left there and drove five miles out of my way to a WaWa station, where my credit card was accepted.

So, from now on, I know, if I want to avoid the indignity, humiliation and inconvenience of prepay, fill up at WaWa.
You could also walk in and say “I’d like $40 on pump 7” and walk out and pump.
This is what I do. Pay at the pump is rife with fraud. And it doesn't matter what class you represent....

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:47 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:22 am

So the way that works is you overestimate. We have these fancy things called computers and whatever you pump the total is automatically adjusted to that when you finish pumping. So if you say $50 and pump $47 it’ll charge you… $47. You’re basically having the computer hold your card information and when you are done pumping it fills in the blanks.

So, if I give the guy two twenty dollar bills, but it actually needs $44 to fill my tank,, this computer will allow me to run over by that amount?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:21 am

So far, the Marathon gas station & the Citgo gas station in Sanford, MI is NO Pre Pay at the moment but maybe next year!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:49 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:47 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:22 am

So the way that works is you overestimate. We have these fancy things called computers and whatever you pump the total is automatically adjusted to that when you finish pumping. So if you say $50 and pump $47 it’ll charge you… $47. You’re basically having the computer hold your card information and when you are done pumping it fills in the blanks.

So, if I give the guy two twenty dollar bills, but it actually needs $44 to fill my tank,, this computer will allow me to run over by that amount?
I assumed you were using a card. How middle class of me. Best give them 60. Surely you can do the math to allow you to know you have say a quarter of a 20 gallon tank and at $4 a gallon you’d need at least $60 meaning you give the guy $70 or $80, go pump and then go get your change.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:41 am

So, I go inside, wait in line, then give the guy my money, I go back out and pump my gas, Then, I go back in and wait in line again to get my change.

That's a great system, alright. >:

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:01 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:41 am
So, I go inside, wait in line, then give the guy my money, I go back out and pump my gas, Then, I go back in and wait in line again to get my change.

Correct…. It keeps everyone honest.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:31 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:01 am
Turkeytop wrote:

So, while they all pretend to offer pay at the pump as an option, it really doesn't work. It's just a trick to waste the custmer's time and make them angry. That's all we need, is more angry drivers on the road.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:55 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:31 am
Rate This wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

So, while they all pretend to offer pay at the pump as an option, it really doesn't work. It's just a trick to waste the custmer's time and make them angry. That's all we need, is more angry drivers on the road.
Pay at the pump, WITH A CARD, works 100% of the time. I've also never seen a pump where it takes your card in like an ATM...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:11 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:55 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

Pay at the pump, WITH A CARD, works 100% of the time. I've also never seen a pump where it takes your card in like an ATM...
Me either… maybe the wrong slot?

kager

Post by kager » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:27 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:11 am
Matt wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

Right now, in a London suburb, there's a phone on the wall in someone's kitchen ringing off the hook with a call from Credit Card Fraud services... :?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:43 am

Matt wrote:

Pay at the pump, WITH A CARD, works 100% of the time.
Pay at the pump with a card worked 14% of the time for me. Failed twice at Speedway, four times at Sunoco and worked the first time at WaWa. I suppose one out of seven aint bad.
kager wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:27 am
Right now, in a London suburb, there's a phone on the wall in someone's kitchen ringing off the hook with a call from Credit Card Fraud services... :?
I get those calls every day at home. It's scammers. "Give us your credit card number so we can correct the fraud."

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:00 am

kager wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:27 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:11 am
Matt wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

:lol :lol :lol

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:08 pm

Turkeytop is just playing you folks.
No one can be that socially inept.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:11 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:08 pm
Turkeytop is just playing you folks.
No one can be that socially inept.
I never thought of buying gas as being a social activity.

Sure, maybe I'm old fashioned. I should be ordering my gas from Amazon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic