Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Add Another to the List

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Add Another to the List

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:12 am

This is the third start for this thread. The first one got lost or deleted somewhere along the way. It was a list places or businesses where I've had a bad experience and won't be returning to again. It had all the obvious suspects. Motel 6. Ramada Inn, Applebee's, Bob Evans, Denny's, Victoria's Secret etc.

About a year after that thread disappeared, I started a new one. This time, rather than condemn an entire chain, I focused on individual locations that were problematic.

That thread got hijacked by Lucky or Leo or Lucy or Graham Wellington. Whatever he's calling himself these days, so I'm starting over again.

My first entry is more general than specific. It's online shopping. I tried it this week for the first time and it will definitely be my last time.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: Add Another to the List

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:49 am

Having a bad experience with a particular on line retailer I can understand. Writing off the whole concept doesn't make sense. Unless, when looking up the term luddite in the dictionary your picture appears next to it.

I use online shopping frequently. I love it. Especially Chewy.com

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:56 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:49 am
Having a bad experience with a particular on line retailer I can understand. Writing off the whole concept doesn't make sense. Unless, when looking up the term luddite in the dictionary your picture appears next to it.

Chewy has the best customer experience I've had with an online retailer. They're fast as hell and if there is a mistake they make up for it big time. They also gave me a large dog crate by accident and when I reported it, they didn't ask me to send it back. I have zero bad to say about Chewy. I also see a lot of their boxes on the corner on garbage day so I bet they're doing great.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:19 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:56 am
Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:49 am

Chewy has the best customer experience I've had with an online retailer. They're fast as hell and if there is a mistake they make up for it big time. They also gave me a large dog crate by accident and when I reported it, they didn't ask me to send it back. I have zero bad to say about Chewy. I also see a lot of their boxes on the corner on garbage day so I bet they're doing great.
YUP!

I ordered a puzzle for my German shortly after I rescued him. Although the puzzle claimed to be advanced, he figured the whole thing out in about 30 seconds. I wrote a short review about it not quite fitting the bill for large intelligent dogs, They contacted me in less than four hours. Issued a refund and told me to donate the puzzle to a rescue. They've had me ever since. I spend over 300.00 a month with them not counting prescriptions and don't have to drive to the store.

Many folks aren't aware that Chewy is owned by PetSmart.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:10 pm

Chalk up another good review for Chewy here. They have been the absolute best. Not to mention the savings on the meds we need.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:30 pm

Here's mine: shopping in a store when you could order for pickup or delivery.

Why waste your time?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:39 pm

I'll be the 5th, 6th? for Chewy. Like Neck, we ordered an expensive dog crate/end table thing, over $300. Had a large scratch on the top so I asked them to send me a new top piece. They sent me a brand new one, asked me to donate the other, which I did to a rescue where they auctioned it off. Love Chewy.

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:39 pm
I'll be the 5th, 6th? for Chewy. Like Neck, we ordered an expensive dog crate/end table thing, over $300. Had a large scratch on the top so I asked them to send me a new top piece. They sent me a brand new one, asked me to donate the other, which I did to a rescue where they auctioned it off. Love Chewy.
Actually, we ordered like a chewtoy and they sent us the crate lol... It was a pretty expensive crate, too.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:56 pm

A few more:

People that complain about pay at the pump.

People who don't self-scan at the grocery store.

People that don't acknowledge that classes are mainly determined by socioeconomic status.

:blink

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:52 pm

I go to the restaurant rather than have it delivered now. It seems that whenever I ask for iced tea, they send me 'sweet tea'. I have to take it back and get what I asked for. When I ask for 'iced tea', I want 'iced tea', with no junk in it, not 'sweet tea', or even having a lemon added.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:21 pm

I agree Matt, I like pay at the pump, don't have to go inside and it saves time. I always self check out so I can bag the way I want and it goes faster.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:56 pm
A few more:

People that complain about pay at the pump.

I've never ever complained about pay at the pump. Sounds like a good idea. But I tried it once and it didn't go well.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:44 pm

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:04 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:44 pm

I don't think I'd want to eat there.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:56 pm

McDonald's - Middlebelt Rd, Romulus MI

McDonald's - Huron Church Rd Windsor ON

Bally's - Las Vegas

McCarran International Airport - Las Vegas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic