Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The booster is kicking my ass....

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

The booster is kicking my ass....

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:34 pm

I got my booster yesterday and was fine when it happened other than a sore arm. Actually had tons of energy and spoke at our council meeting's audience participation segment as the meeting was on Zoom.

I woke up to a 102 fever, heart racing to 120, body aches, and a H*** headache as well as chills. Either that or I had gotten COVID before, but that's pretty unlikely. How has everyone fared with the booster that got one?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

kager

Re: The booster is kicking my ass....

Post by kager » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:29 am

21 hours into Pfizer booster (same as initial 2 jabs) here; temp & pulse seem normal thus far. I usually wake up a little 'sore' the day after the night before Thanksgiving, so it may be a while before I can gauge the source of the minor headache...

Sorry to hear the booster is affecting you adversely; hopefully a night of rest has proven helpful.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:51 am

I got a Pfizer booster a few days after they were approved in early October. No side effects. None with my original shots either.

My wife who is 64 got a Moderna booster on Sunday. She felt a bit achy for about 24 hours.
She also developed a rash on her back 2 weeks after the first shot back in March. It lingered for a week then went away.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:06 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:34 pm
I got my booster yesterday and was fine when it happened other than a sore arm. Actually had tons of energy and spoke at our council meeting's audience participation segment as the meeting was on Zoom.

I woke up to a 102 fever, heart racing to 120, body aches, and a H*** headache as well as chills. Either that or I had gotten COVID before, but that's pretty unlikely. How has everyone fared with the booster that got one?
I had Pfizer for the initial round and got Moderna earlier this month for the booster. I had chills and fatigue the next day but I worked through it - it helped that I had 6 hours of zoom meetings that day. I slept 11 hours and felt great the next day. I had three coworkers who got their ass kicked by boosters. All said it was worth it rather than getting covid.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:18 am

I got my booster last Thursday, a week before Thanksgiving. I felt a little sore in my neck. It felt like that soreness you get in your arm from a shot, but in the neck. I know that’s an odd place for soreness from a shot, so I’m not positive it’s connected to the booster. Lasted probably 2-3 days. Other than that, I felt fine. 3 shots total for Covid and no noticeable side effects for me, if you don’t count the sore neck. Worth it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:58 am

The stuff I read suggests the booster seems to kick in extremely quickly. Not the two weeks or so with the original dose's.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:29 am

I had chills the night of the booster but woke up okay. My wife was drained the following day...no real pain, just no energy.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:54 pm

I got my booster in October. I was a little tired the day after but I was about it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:31 pm

I Received the Moderna booster last week. I initially started out with a sore arm, but eventually had a headache, a little stomach pain, a fever and tiredness. Took some Medicine and it slowly got better from there. I was back to normal by Saturday. The side effects were similar to my 2nd shot earlier this year. Still would take it any day over the virus itself.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 pm

I purposely stuck with the Pfizer being I had little reaction to it the first two times. The experts, including Dr Campbell who I highly respect, say that the difference between Pfizer and Moderna as a booster for those on Pfizer is very small.

Pulse is back in the 80s which is normal for me. Temperature is 99.1 so a lot better. Still feeling a bit out of it, but my head isn't swimming like yesterday.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:16 pm

Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 pm
I purposely stuck with the Pfizer being I had little reaction to it the first two times. The experts, including Dr Campbell who I highly respect, say that the difference between Pfizer and Moderna as a booster for those on Pfizer is very small.

Pulse is back in the 80s which is normal for me. Temperature is 99.1 so a lot better. Still feeling a bit out of it, but my head isn't swimming like yesterday.
Still better than the alternative, yes?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:04 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:16 pm
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 pm

Still better than the alternative, yes?
Definitely! People should just be aware of possible short term side effects.

Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:31 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:29 am
I had chills the night of the booster but woke up okay.
Ditto! I had the Pfizer with the flu shot concurrently in the other arm.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:42 pm

I had the Pfizer booster. Zero side effects other than the metallic taste the first 10 minutes after. No fatigue and the arm was barely sore.

The Moderna shot seems to hit harder. People I know who have had Moderna tend to be down and out the day after. Pfizer seems like the milder of the two.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:46 pm

I got the J&J vaxx back in April, no side effects, got the Moderna booster late October, no side effects not even a sore arm...appears the vaxx affects people in different ways...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic