Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The booster is kicking my ass....

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The booster is kicking my ass....

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:18 pm

I received my Moderna booster about a month ago around 7:30 in the evening.

By the time I went to bed that night, I didn't feel so hot, and the following day I felt like shit from the moment I got out of bed. Body aches, very sore left arm (where the injection was made), mild nausea, chills, and fatigue.

By the morning of day #2, I was feeling 80% better, and by midday of day #2, I was feeling 100% better. So, the vast majority of the side effects abated within the first 36 hours.

I made sure I received my booster Friday evening because I suspected I'd feel like crap the following day, and I did not want to have to take a sick day.

My father received the Moderna booster a couple weeks before I did, and his symptoms were almost identical to my own.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:31 am

I am much better now. I was still affected with nausea as late as last night. Pretty sure COVID would kill me if I wasn't vaccinated.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:57 pm

I received my Moderna booster and Flu shot yesterday morning, no side effects. None with the original doses.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:31 pm

Wife and I got the boosters last night, as she has gotten a little paranoid about this new variant that has popped up. I stuck with Moderna and she stuck with Pfizer. Besides slightly sore arms, we are fine.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:43 pm

I am just happy to be protected.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:24 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:43 pm
Can’t tell some of the stupid redneck hillbillies (including some that have degree’s) that in my neck of the woods. I got COVID from my wife who got it from a co worker. All three of us were vaccinated. Actually had people laugh at me for getting it despite being vaccinated. These folks are way too stupid to figure out that it probably would have been way worse had i not been vaccinated (even my Doctor said that).

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:21 pm

Had a sore arm for shot 1 and the booster (which was last week). Nothing for shot 2. Haven't been sick in forever. My fiancé and both kids had it; yesterday I tested before going to Hanukkah, still tested negative. I had no idea my immune system was THAT good.

Thank you to those that got your shots for doing your part.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:53 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:24 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:43 pm
Can’t tell some of the stupid redneck hillbillies (including some that have degree’s) that in my neck of the woods. I got COVID from my wife who got it from a co worker. All three of us were vaccinated. Actually had people laugh at me for getting it despite being vaccinated. These folks are way too stupid to figure out that it probably would have been way worse had i not been vaccinated (even my Doctor said that).
Considering that I had to be put on oxygen due to a nasty upper respiratory infection over 20 months ago (3/18/20) to be exact and tested negative for COVID, I know for a fact that COVID would put me back in the hospital if I wasn't vaccinated(and maybe if I wasn't boosted). One's level of education normally parallels how they view this pandemic per several studies.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic