Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

St John Macomb ER closed tonight

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Shuts Up

Re: St John Macomb ER closed tonight

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:43 am

The only believable truth about Ivermectin is the information available BEFORE the COVID outbreak. This link is the closest to the truth that is available now, drowned in a sea of disinformation spread by the MEDIA in links from search engines with manipulated results. This is from a government website. It is clearly not just a drug used on horses or other animals.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34466270/

Remember the things they were saying in the early days of the pandemic about flattening the curve. Then the talk was almost exclusively about herd immunity being the only way, through infection of an ever increasing percentage of the people. THAT showed that they advocated NATURAL IMMUNITY at that point. They said that "Operation Warp Speed" was medically impossible. Fauci himself said there couldn't be a vaccine for two years. Others were talking 5 to 10 years, for normal approval and testing. Advised by the clearly compromised Anthony Fauci, Donald Trump made the biggest mistake of his presidency, other than continually mouthing off to people who have never been able to accept criticism in their entire lives, and reacted like children on a playground. He advocated "Operation Warp Speed".

In the early days, they were talking about the activities most likely to cause COVID to be spread. Most of these were associated with close human contact. Initially the Chinese told us that it couldn't be spread person to person. Then they told us that it couldn't be spread on commercial airline flights. We all know that many of these things were out and out lies. Come on, man! A virus that can't be spread on long air flights requiring two or three visits to airplane bathrooms? Once again, come on, man!

Here's an anomaly you may not have heard about. They have alluded to menstrual anomalies after vaccination. There are cases of octogenarians beginning to menstruate after complete hysterectomies. Vaccinated women with hysterectomies resuming vaginal bleeding. The doctors ruled out cancer, the most likely cause for this anomaly.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:43 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:58 pm
I'm amused by the number of graduates of the Facebook School of Epidemiology, Class of Thursday at 2:30, that I encounter as I read and listen in all aspects of my life.

The favorite tact is to pick the desired 'place' that speaker wants to be (vaccines are good, vaccines are bad, blah, blah), search out the anecdotal evidence that supports it, and repeat it like it like it was indisputable evidence. Those that are not graduates of said program are all statistical experts. 48% of those over 55 years of age have put away NOTHING for retirement, demonstrating interesting analytical skills, but every one of them has 'answer' to COVID 19 and are ready to spout 'facts'.

I'm amused further by the conspiracy theorists who see rabbits behind every tree, and a dollar in every pocket. Yeah, there are 195 countries in the world, all with medical organizations, and the big secret plans that the Tri-lateral Commission is foisting on us via COVID-19 programs are perfectly secure at all of them.

I'm VERY amused by those that tout their own cures and preventatives. I encountered a couple last week who 'eat right', and, as a result, are firmly convinced they won't get COVID-19

Last, I'm TREMENDOUSLY amused by the ivermectin crowd. It might help.....I'm an electrical engineer, not an epidemiologist....but I guarantee one thing for sure: Had the government pushed (or mandated) flea/tick/heartworm medicine - horse dewormer instead of vaccines, it would make the current push-back against vaccines look like a Sunday school picnic.

Get the shot. It's bigger than each of us.
Well...reading THIS post was a complete waste of 2 minutes of my time. Your argument reads as: Everybody is stupid (except for you of course, since you're an engineer), so get the shot. How does THAT make any sense?

Your "desired place" is that vaccines are good. You made no attempt whatsoever to defend that position, yet you sit here and mock everybody on both sides of the issue who at least attempt to educate themselves. What is it about engineers and elitist attitudes? I got into a debate with one on here several years ago on the topic of weather radios and their usefulness and he eventually got so upset that he permanently left the site after that argument.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:43 am
Plate Cap wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:58 pm
I'm amused by the number of graduates of the Facebook School of Epidemiology, Class of Thursday at 2:30, that I encounter as I read and listen in all aspects of my life.

The favorite tact is to pick the desired 'place' that speaker wants to be (vaccines are good, vaccines are bad, blah, blah), search out the anecdotal evidence that supports it, and repeat it like it like it was indisputable evidence. Those that are not graduates of said program are all statistical experts. 48% of those over 55 years of age have put away NOTHING for retirement, demonstrating interesting analytical skills, but every one of them has 'answer' to COVID 19 and are ready to spout 'facts'.

I'm amused further by the conspiracy theorists who see rabbits behind every tree, and a dollar in every pocket. Yeah, there are 195 countries in the world, all with medical organizations, and the big secret plans that the Tri-lateral Commission is foisting on us via COVID-19 programs are perfectly secure at all of them.

I'm VERY amused by those that tout their own cures and preventatives. I encountered a couple last week who 'eat right', and, as a result, are firmly convinced they won't get COVID-19

Last, I'm TREMENDOUSLY amused by the ivermectin crowd. It might help.....I'm an electrical engineer, not an epidemiologist....but I guarantee one thing for sure: Had the government pushed (or mandated) flea/tick/heartworm medicine - horse dewormer instead of vaccines, it would make the current push-back against vaccines look like a Sunday school picnic.

Get the shot. It's bigger than each of us.
Well...reading THIS post was a complete waste of 2 minutes of my time. Your argument reads as: Everybody is stupid (except for you of course, since you're an engineer), so get the shot. How does THAT make any sense?

Your "desired place" is that vaccines are good. You made no attempt whatsoever to defend that position, yet you sit here and mock everybody on both sides of the issue who at least attempt to educate themselves. What is it about engineers and elitist attitudes? I got into a debate with one on here several years ago on the topic of weather radios and their usefulness and he eventually got so upset that he permanently left the site after that argument.
There was no elitism in the post. The poster simply stated that maybe we should listen to medical professionals rather than people who formed their opinions at the beginning of this thing and are so hellbent on being right.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:37 pm

No. His post mocked anyone and everyone who tries to educate themselves before making a decision on whether to get the vaccine. The phrase "Facebook School of Epidemiology" really set the tone for the rest of the post.

And he of course made no mention whatsoever of how he actually reached the conclusion that everyone should get vaccinated.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:42 pm

An overwhelming majority of actual doctors think getting vaccinated is a good idea. That is enough for most.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:42 pm
An overwhelming majority of actual doctors think getting vaccinated is a good idea. That is enough for most.
You know my stance on that obviously.

As a follow up, I found out that the person who told me the ER was closed was untrue.

Regardless, I am very uneasy as we continue to march towards the vaccine deadline in January as the COVID cases rise along with a difficult flu season. Staffing levels for police, fire, and hospitals must be maintained. They are essential services, so I think their mandate should be either delayed or canceled for the good of the public. Cannot have closed hospitals, no police, and fire and live in a dystopian Purge like hell scape.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:59 am

As a follow up, I found out that the person who told me the ER was closed was untrue.
Makes sense, as I never heard anything about the ER closure on the local news. I listen to WWJ almost daily in the morning and usually watch 15 to 20 minutes of local TV news daily.

I appreciate TC Shuts Up's earlier comments. The research regarding effectiveness of Ivermectin in controlling COVID-19 systems has produced mixed results.

Here's a study involving 1,173 patients showing it produced no discernible benefit:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34181716/

Look - if I've contracted COVID and I'm sicker than hell, I obviously am gonna try a number of different therapeutics and see what works.

The smartest thing to do, of course, is to take action to minimize one's chances of ever reaching that stage in the first place, which means getting vaccinated!*

(*except for those folks who have a history of severe allergic reaction to vaccines.)

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:20 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:42 pm
An overwhelming majority of actual doctors practiced blood letting and used leaches at one time.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:59 am
Makes sense, as I never heard anything about the ER closure on the local news. I listen to WWJ almost daily in the morning and usually watch 15 to 20 minutes of local TV news daily.

I appreciate TC Shuts Up's earlier comments. The research regarding effectiveness of Ivermectin in controlling COVID-19 systems has produced mixed results.

Here's a study involving 1,173 patients showing it produced no discernible benefit:

Look - if I've contracted COVID and I'm sicker than hell, I obviously am gonna try a number of different therapeutics and see what works.

The smartest thing to do, of course, is to take action to minimize one's chances of ever reaching that stage in the first place, which means getting vaccinated!*

(*except for those folks who have a history of severe allergic reaction to vaccines.)
My best to you. Sorry that I am just reading this now. Might want to see if you can get monoclonal antibodies. They saved Trump’s bacon and can save yours too.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:55 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:51 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:59 am

My best to you. Sorry that I am just reading this now. Might want to see if you can get monoclonal antibodies. They saved Trump’s bacon and can save yours too.
It was hypothetical.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:52 pm

Exactly. I've been able to dodge COVID so far. Received my Moderna booster three weeks ago.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:31 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:52 pm
Exactly. I've been able to dodge COVID so far. Received my Moderna booster three weeks ago.
Missed the word “if”. Glad you are well.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic