Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alec Baldwin shoots and kills a 42-year old woman

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Robert Faygo

Re: Alec Baldwin shoots and kills a 42-year old woman

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:47 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:29 pm
If Baldwin isn't legally liable for a homicide he certainly is morally responsible. Somebody telling you a gun is unloaded IS NEVER NEVER NEVER an acceptable excuse for pulling the trigger. You always need to confirm. Either you physically check it yourself or watch somebody check it before they hand it to you.
The bizarre thing is that this common sense thing is absolutely not true on a movie/TV set. As crazy as it seems, it's already part of case law that an actor is not legally responsible to check -- and being an actor on set is a valid excuse to someone pulling the trigger without checking.

With CGI and other effects readily available rather inexpensively these days, I question why in 2021 having a gun that fires is even allowed as part of any movie / tv production. Even guns loaded with "blanks" can be deadly and aren't necessary any more.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:58 pm

I don't really care what the norm is on a movie set and I understand he may have no legal responsibility I still stand by my statement.
Especially on a location where people may have been plinking live ammunition on their off time.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:04 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:58 pm
I don't really care what the norm is on a movie set and I understand he may have no legal responsibility I still stand by my statement.
Especially on a location where people may have been plinking live ammunition on their off time.
I tend to agree with you on this. Although it is the armorer's responsibility to ensure all firearms on set are safe, I don't care if God hands me a gun and tells me it's unloaded, I'm going to check it myself. SOP

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:17 pm

I predict, when that movie gets to the theatres, it will be an instant, box office blockbuster.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:56 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:17 pm
I predict, when that movie gets to the theatres, it will be an instant, box office blockbuster.
You know it, popular with the 2nd amendment crowd.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:36 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
I predict, if that movie gets to the theatres, it will be an instant, box office blockbuster.
ftfy

One thing is for certain - here in the states, it's selling like hotcakes on the 'news'...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:26 pm

kager wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:36 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
I predict, if that movie gets to the theatres, it will be an instant, box office blockbuster.
ftfy

One thing is for certain - here in the states, it's selling like hotcakes on the 'news'...
Oh, it will make the theatres alright. It will attract the same crowd that stops to gawk at car accidents.

After actress Sharon Tate was killed by Charles Manson. The theatres gave Tate's name top billing on their marquees.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:56 pm

Anyone miss The Dark Knight?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:46 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:26 pm
kager wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
ftfy

Oh, it will make the theatres alright. It will attract the same crowd that stops to gawk at car accidents.

After actress Sharon Tate was killed by Charles Manson. The theatres gave Tate's name top billing on their marquees.
The industry will definitely leverage any tragedy for economic gain!!

kager

Post by kager » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:32 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:26 pm
kager wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
ftfy

I was gonna ask, "Sharon who?", but googlearned so as not to overdo it.

From that lesson, seems Tate was bit of an on-screen sex symbol way back when the Manson 'family' murdered her.

While tragic, the death this time is of a relative unknown, working behind the camera.
km1125 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:46 am
The industry will definitely leverage any tragedy for economic gain!!
Hollywood and the media definitely have synergy in that area.

All unneeded poliTICs aside, I'm thinking that a budget movie produced by a self-promoting Baldwin, and marred by tragedy and/or stupidy, will make $$$ for 'news' sales & advertisers as the blame game plays out the 3-ring circus of the media. Only.

IF there's a actual completion and subsequent theatrical release of Rust, I bet it will be DOA.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:39 am

I was gonna ask, "Sharon who?", but googlearned so as not to overdo it.
When the Tate murder hit the news almost everyone's reaction was "Sharon who?"

But, in death, she became an instant celebrity.

That's Hollywood.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:51 am

A kid on the school bus had cut out a picture of Sharon Tate from a major magazine, and told people on the bus it was his girlfriend, a few months before she was murdered. So I knew who Sharon Tate was. Didn't look like Larry Tate or Howard Tate, that's for sure.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Trump accuses ‘nutjob’ Alec Baldwin of purposefully shooting Halyna Hutchins

'In my opinion, he had something to do with it,' Trump said about Baldwin, who recently called the former president 'a sociopath'

Former President Donald Trump has finally hit back at one of his major enemies in American culture: Alec Baldwin, whom he suggests intentionally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of his upcoming movie.
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/11/05 ... -hutchins/

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:48 am

So this would be one pot calling the other kettle black?

This whole thing is awful, no matter who is at-fault for whatever.

It makes sense (yeah I know) that whomever was about to fire the weapon would have confirmed what was actually in it, but I’m not an actor or a gunslinger so I can’t tell you whether I would have checked what’s-what because that isn’t my gig.

Maybe Alec was “prepping for the moment” and sure, was just handed the weapon….. his finger pulled the trigger and the live round came out.

Someone had to load that in there. Baldwin will likely be charged with something but what that something is, who knows at this point.

There is (still) much more to this and likely it’s going to be awhile before all the facts are known or discovered.

Pray for the family of Halyna Hutchins. No matter what happens she isn’t here anymore and nothing can bring her back. ;,-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:05 pm

I believe this is my first foray into this thread. Just wanted to comment about my thoughts.

From my understanding, having live ammo on a set is fairly new. Even in the days of black and white westerns, they would have some sort of soundless charge in the gun that would put out a big impressive puff of smoke, and a sound person would insert a big bang.

Like Faygo said earlier in the thread, with CGI and computer generated sounds, there should be no reason to have live rounds on the set. Unless the reason is because it truly was a budget flick. So cheap they didn't want to spend the extra money for special effects.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic