Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beaumont’s 10 Hospitals Full

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

Beaumont’s 10 Hospitals Full

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:31 am

Well, there ya go anti maskers and vaxxers, we have 10 hospital emergency rooms nearly full. It’s not even October.

https://www.michiganradio.org/health/20 ... N5twp_qGzc

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

G G

Re: Beaumont’s 10 Hospitals Full

Post by G G » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:04 am

How about you learn to read, son? It isn't COVID that's doing it, its other health problems and people not wanting to work.

Did you ever bother to get a job? How about you chip in some labor down at the hospital if you care so much? Yeah, keep whining. That's all you libs are good for anyway.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:33 am

Pol Pot full, too?

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:32 am

Hmmmmm....

"COVID cases are rising, yes, but they’re only about 10% of all patients. The “overwhelming majority” are those with other serious health conditions."

And

"And the system’s experiencing a staffing shortage so severe, they’ve had to close 180 beds. Henry Ford Health System announced earlier this week that it’s had to close more than 100 beds, for similar reasons."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:28 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:31 am
Well, there ya go anti maskers and vaxxers, we have 10 hospital emergency rooms nearly full. It’s not even October.

https://www.michiganradio.org/health/20 ... N5twp_qGzc
“Thanks to our heroic vaccine effort, we’ve gained the upper hand against this virus,” Biden said. “We can live our lives, our kids can go back to school, our economy is roaring back.”

Joe Biden, July 4th, 2021
This problem you cite must rest squarely on the Biden Administration. After giving what amounted to a "victory speech" on the fourth of July, the virus came roaring back. Since he took office, there have been over 250,000 Covid deaths in the U.S.

I haven't seen any effort from him prodding the creation of therapeutics or new vaccines. His messaging on the virus has been all over the place and he seems to be placing the blame on the citizenry instead of attacking the problem with new solutions.

Think I'll start a Biden Death Count thread....

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:38 pm

Beaumont has been mismanaged by the current executive "leadership" team. Deadline Detroit has been writing about the myriad problems within the organization for close to a couple years now.

Everyone from anesthesiologists, to surgeons, to nurses have been leaving for a while, even before COVID became a major issue.
I haven't seen any effort from him prodding the creation of therapeutics or new vaccines.
Why would "new vaccines" need to be created? The three existing vaccines approved for U.S. are very widely available, are largely effective, and for adults and teens are very safe.

In terms of therapeutics, I do agree the messaging and research both need to be stepped up appreciably.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:05 pm

Not absolving Beaumont of any shoddy management, but there's still some blame to spread around.

Also from the linked article:
“Many people delayed getting tests and treatment for medical issues because of their concerns about the pandemic,” Fox said in a statement. “Now, more than a year and a half after the pandemic began, those delays in care are resulting in medical emergencies.”

Much of this is due to the fearmongering and the draconian shutdowns. I wonder how long it will take - or if we'll ever know - the total "cost" in lives or overall health from missteps in managing through the pandemic.

DaBears

Post by DaBears » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:17 pm

G G wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:04 am
How about you learn to read, son? It isn't COVID that's doing it, its other health problems and people not wanting to work.

Did you ever bother to get a job? How about you chip in some labor down at the hospital if you care so much? Yeah, keep whining. That's all you libs are good for anyway.
i've been reading some of your posts now and conclude you, sir, are a first-class peckerhead

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:21 pm

DaBears wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:17 pm
G G wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:04 am

i've been reading some of your posts now and conclude you, sir, are a first-class peckerhead
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic