Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Siriusly Sinatra

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Siriusly Sinatra

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:34 pm

I was listening today to SXM CH 71, Siriusly Sinatra.. Suddenly, mid-program they started playing country music. At first, I thought someone at sirius had switched something and they were feeding one of their cowboy music channels into CH 71.

But, no. After three cowboy tunes the announcer came on and said that had been their tribute to Labour Day. Aside from the fact that they were a day late, there was the elitist assumption that we in the working class just want to hear country music. If that was the case, I would have been tuned to one of the country music channels.

Rather than a tribute to the working class it was a display of contempt for the working class. Couldn't even take the time to check the calendar to see when Labour Day really is.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Re: Siriusly Sinatra

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:10 am

Monday, as union retiree you should know that on both sides of the border.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:00 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:10 am
Monday, as union retiree you should know that on both sides of the border.

I know it. But the liberal elitists at Sirius either don't know or don't care.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:11 pm

At least, Sirius wasn't as tardy as Joe Biden, who is just getting around to his Labour Day address today.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:02 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:34 pm
I was listening today to SXM CH 71, Siriusly Sinatra.. Suddenly, mid-program they started playing country music. At first, I thought someone at sirius had switched something and they were feeding one of their cowboy music channels into CH 71.

But, no. After three cowboy tunes the announcer came on and said that had been their tribute to Labour Day. Aside from the fact that they were a day late, there was the elitist assumption that we in the working class just want to hear country music. If that was the case, I would have been tuned to one of the country music channels.

Rather than a tribute to the working class it was a display of contempt for the working class. Couldn't even take the time to check the calendar to see when Labour Day really is.
They should have played this song:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic