Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Intellectually Dishonest Or A Complete Idiot.

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.

TCT - Intellectually Dishonest Or A Complete Idiot?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:34 am

Complete Idiot
No votes
Intellectually Dishonest
100%

Total votes: 6

Bryce

Intellectually Dishonest Or A Complete Idiot.

Post by Bryce » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:34 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:16 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:07 am
I listed four different ways in which Republicans are restricting my freedoms.

If my community wants a mask mandate it should get one and the Republicans at the state level can just piss off. If my schools want a mask mandate it's their decision not someone in Tallahassee or Austin.
You are either intellectually dishonest or a complete fucking idiot.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Re: Intellectually Dishonest Or A Complete Idiot.

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:35 pm

Can you add a third selection: BOTH?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:11 pm

Myself, I think TCT is a fairly intelligent person. But I think away from the screen, he's an introvert. Shy wallflower type person. Social media is a way to get over his fear of expressing himself.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:03 am

Neither.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:33 am

Wow a pack of conservative victims complaining again.

Suck it up bitches, Trump is gone for good...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:37 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:11 pm
Myself, I think TCT is a fairly intelligent person. But I think away from the screen, he's an introvert. Shy wallflower type person. Social media is a way to get over his fear of expressing himself.
That's exactly it. You must follow me on Facebook. How else would you know I sit at home all day and wittle?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:58 am

Here comes a shock from one of the resident Republicans on the board....I have known TCT for years. Have broken bread with him more then once, matter of fact he, REVOX and myself have done so. He visited my area and stopped by a remote broadcast I was doing and we had a nice visit. He is an intelligent, successful family man who helps out his city in different ways and would go out of his way to help someone regardless of their political outlook. I don't often agree with his views, but how boring it would be if you only hang out with those who share your views. That is the man I know.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:11 am

Thanks man, I hope everything is getting better with your family.

If you recall, Matt was there too.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:32 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:11 am
Thanks man, I hope everything is getting better with your family.

If you recall, Matt was there too.
Yes. I get along with people of all political stripes, but I will call out dishonesty. I view this poll as a reflection on your persona on here. I chuckled when I read Oxshort's failed psychological profile of you.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:51 am

I won't question his intelligence, but I will say he's a blatant hypocrite. Time and time and time again he has demonstrated that his support for who should and should not be setting policies (whether it be federal government, the state governor, the state legislature, local government, local school boards, business owners, or individuals) is wholly dependent on which political parties are in power at each level of government. Just one example - he was perfectly fine with Governor Whitmer dictating massive restrictions last year on every entity you can think of, but once she had that power largely stripped away and it was mostly the Republican legislature calling the shots, suddenly he supported local entities making those decisions.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:06 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:51 am
I won't question his intelligence, but I will say he's a blatant hypocrite. Time and time and time again he has demonstrated that his support for who should and should not be setting policies (whether it be federal government, the state governor, the state legislature, local government, local school boards, business owners, or individuals) is wholly dependent on which political parties are in power at each level of government. Just one example - he was perfectly fine with Governor Whitmer dictating massive restrictions last year on every entity you can think of, but once she had that power largely stripped away and it was mostly the Republican legislature calling the shots, suddenly he supported local entities making those decisions.
Many people who share your beliefs are now dead. You are a creep in many senses of the word, and the more the pandemic proves you wrong, the harder you repeat your "truthiness". The data is clear, without masks and vaccines our medical system would collapse. This resurgence that threatens the our children, eldery, and most everyone in the economy is a direct result of fools like yourself bending science.

I frankly don't read your post very often because they are largely obscurely referenced garbage. Want to impress me? Quote a legitimate research institution with studies that are directly related to your point. Don't take one study and try to apply the results to another topic. This is the foundation of the entire conservative movement to destabilize research.

Did you even graduate high school? Because it always seems the "school of life" types try to play expert more than just about anyone.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:58 pm

This is precisely the problem I have with how YOU post in these forums. One bold unsubstantiated claim or conclusion after another, all stated as if it is fact and without citation to anything. And of course peppered with personal insults for good measure. I'll break this apart one statement at a time.
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:06 pm
Many people who share your beliefs are now dead.
...as are many who don't. Do you have any data to suggest that Republicans are disproportionately represented among the 600k+ who have died from the virus? If you don't have any such data, then you don't have a point.
You are a creep in many senses of the word, and the more the pandemic proves you wrong, the harder you repeat your "truthiness".
Quite the contrary. The progress of the pandemic is proving me to be right. We're approaching 2/3 of the US population being vaccinated, yet reported cases are nearing their last peak when nobody was vaccinated. If the vaccine was working as originally promoted (ie, 90 to 95% effective at preventing infection), then the size of the host pool would dictate a far lower case load than what we're seeing now.
The data is clear, without masks and vaccines our medical system would collapse.
And which "data" is that? You haven't provided a shred of evidence to suggest that somehow our medical system would "collapse" without masks or vaccines.
This resurgence that threatens the our children, eldery, and most everyone in the economy is a direct result of fools like yourself bending science.
You're talking about the Delta variant? You're wrong. This "resurgence" is simply proof that no matter WHAT we do, be it masks, social distancing, vaccines, etc, that the virus is going to spread like wildfire. As it is doing. This will eventually stop when we reach a herd immunity threshold. Unfortunately, the vaccinated portion of that group is proving to be less beneficial than those with natural immunity. I've cited multiple peer-reviewed studies on this exact point. I'm not going to post them again here.
I frankly don't read your post very often because they are largely obscurely referenced garbage.
Oh, really? I've referenced quite a few peer-reviewed studies. All I ever see your lazy ass reference is large copy-and-paste sections from New York Times articles. I don't believe I've ever once seen you cite a peer reviewed study to prove anything.
Want to impress me? Quote a legitimate research institution with studies that are directly related to your point. Don't take one study and try to apply the results to another topic. This is the foundation of the entire conservative movement to destabilize research.
You just said you don't read my posts very often. So I don't know how you could then state that I don't cite legitimate research institution studies (which again, you never do yourself).
Did you even graduate high school? Because it always seems the "school of life" types try to play expert more than just about anyone.
4th in my class of about 125 students. Only person my top 5 to take all of Chemistry, Physics, and Calculus. Followed up with 2 Bachelor's degrees. The insults aimed at suggesting I'm not a well-educated person are wearing quite thin.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:58 pm
..... The insults aimed at suggesting I'm not a well-educated person are wearing quite thin.
They keep confusing "educated" with "indoctrinated".

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:16 pm

BMW, I'm sure we could have a beer in-person, but 20,300 people have died in Michigan, so your argument is wearing thin...

You do post some sketchy shit to try to support your opinions.

Good on you for your degrees, I am a fan of anyone who puts in the work to be better educated.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic