Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Quiet Day in the Neighbourhood.

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: A Quiet Day in the Neighbourhood.

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:33 pm

HD74 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:19 pm
A good friend of mine worked for the Air Force in the 60’s. He found himself stationed at a site along the DEW line. At the bottom of the mountain the tower was on, was a bay. You got in and out on a series of stairs all the way up the mountain. At the bottom of the stairs, at the bay, was a barge with supplies. Black Label from the Big War. It was all the beer they had. He said it was great!

I worked with a guy once who had been in the Canadian Army and stationed in The Congo with a UN Peacekeeping Mission back in the 1960s. He said the only beer available at their base was Black Label. He maintained that the Black Label in Africa was better than the Black Label in Canada.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic