Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hatchet Job

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Hatchet Job

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:25 pm

I get it that a convicted felon is not allowed to have a weapon. But a hatchet is primarily a tool. Unlike a gun, a hatchet is only a weapon if misused. A screwdriver, a jammer or a saw could also be used as a weapon. Is a convicted felon not allowed to own tools?
Florida felon found with hatchet in Cape Coral traffic stop

CAPE CORAL, Fla. – Two men were arrested Saturday after a license plate reader pinged on a stolen license plate found on the vehicle the pair were in.

One of the men was found to be a convicted felon and had a large hatchet, according to the Cape Coral Police Department.

Bernard Prescott, 44, and Christopher Prince, 37, are facing charges after the stop around 9 p.m. that led to the discovery of an arrest warrant for Prescott, police said.

Police said the car the two were in was unregistered and had a stolen license plate. Officers saw a large hatchet with a tape-wrapped handle between the door and the seat Prince was sitting in, according to the arrest report.

A search of the vehicle uncovered seven grams of methamphetamine and other drug paraphernalia, police said.

Prescott was arrested for a warrant that was issued for failing to appear on a suspended license and will face charges for the stolen license plate.

Prince, who is a convicted felon, is facing charges of drug possession, and carrying a concealed weapon as a felon.
https://nbc-2.com/news/crime/2021/06/23 ... ffic-stop/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.