Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Teething Bagels (and all about bagels)

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 14896

Teething Bagels (and all about bagels)

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:57 am

Detroit based New York Bagel and a discussion of the teething bagel:

https://thetakeout.com/why-were-bagels- ... 1847116280

Bryce

Re: Teething Bagels (and all about bagels)

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Bagels should be outlawed. They're basically pure carbs which turn directly into sugar after they're consumed.

You may as well eat a Snickers bar for breakfast. Frankly, I could argue that a Snickers bar is better than a bagel for breakfast

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:14 pm
Bagels should be outlawed. They're basically pure carbs which turn directly into sugar after they're consumed.

You may as well eat a Snickers bar for breakfast. Frankly, I could argue that a Snickers bar is better than a bagel for breakfast
As a Heeb, I have a real problem with this comment. I would suggest that a bagel, a schmear of cream cheese, and lox constitutes a very fine, well-rounded breakfast. Carbs, fat, and protein.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:41 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:24 pm
Bryce wrote:

As a Heeb, I have a real problem with this comment. I would suggest that a bagel, a schmear of cream cheese, and lox constitutes a very fine, well-rounded breakfast. Carbs, fat, and protein.
Put the smear on top of a slice of cucumber and then your locks on top. You'll live longer

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Lox...

Talk to text leaves a bit to be desired.

Then again being is Biden is president, we might not want to live longer

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:41 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Put the smear on top of a slice of cucumber and then your locks on top. You'll live longer
LOL...didn't you just post a picture about a pork chop the size of a Buick? I'll stick to my bagels and lox, thank you.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:32 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 am
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:

LOL...didn't you just post a picture about a pork chop the size of a Buick? I'll stick to my bagels and lox, thank you.
Protein is not your enemy. Carbohydrates are,

Lean pork has about 270 calories per 12oz serving. 52 grams of protein, 6 grams of fat (no poly or mono) and 0 grams of carbs.

Compare that to a large bagel. 337 calories, 13 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat and a whopping 66 grams of carbohydrates. Not to mention six grams of sugar.

I limit myself to 50 grams of carbohydrates per day.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:53 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:32 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 am
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Protein is not your enemy. Carbohydrates are,

Lean pork has about 270 calories per 12oz serving. 52 grams of protein, 6 grams of fat (no poly or mono) and 0 grams of carbs.

Compare that to a large bagel. 337 calories, 13 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat and a whopping 66 grams of carbohydrates. Not to mention six grams of sugar.

I limit myself to 50 grams of carbohydrates per day.
I understand and kinda agree with your point. I do eat carbs in moderation. I think you're more of an Atkins type guy while I am more Zoneish. I believe a bagel with lox and cream cheese would actually be better for you than eating just a bagel. At least that's the way my body preforms better. I eat too much protein and I feel off. The 40/30/30 ratio works better for me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic