Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Add Another to the List

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Add Another to the List

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:35 pm

If the AC for the house broke down, I'd somehow find the money to fix it. If the car needed new tires, I'd be able to pay for new tires. If a cell phone became a necessity, I could probably scrape together the money to get one..

But a cell phone isn't a necessity. It isn't even a convenience.. I'll find a food joint somewhere in town that lets me order the old fashioned way.

Save my discretionary spending money for things I enjoy.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:55 pm

This is how someone from the middle class handles the same kind of problem.
Florida man threatened police chief’s daughter at Starbucks over missing cream cheese

A Florida man has been arrested after he allegedly threatened a police chief’s daughter over missing cream cheese for his Starbucks order.

Omar Wright, 38, ordered from the Miami Gardens store on Wednesday using the drive-thru, according to NBC 6. After he noticed that his bagel was bare, he returned to the window and began yelling at the workers.

At this time, a barista, the daughter of Miami Gardens police chief Delma Noel-Pratt, tried to assist him but Wright started swearing, brandished a handgun and said he would hurt her, police said.

Wright received his cream cheese but was arrested Thursday and charged with aggravated assault with a firearm and armed robbery with a deadly weapon. According to WPLG Local 10, another employee wrote down Wright’s license plate number.

The name of Noel-Pratt’s daughter was not released.

“You always know that you could be prone to something like this however, when it really reaches your household, you’re in total shock, it really was upsetting to me that someone would go to that extreme reference just not having cream cheese in their bagel,” Noel-Pratt told NBC 6. “Don’t take matters into your own hands if you’re angry, if you’re upset about something, there’s other measures you can take, go get counseling, take a walk, discuss it with someone else but do not pick up a firearm.”

Wright posted bond and was released Saturday morning.
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nation ... story.html

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:46 pm

Jimmy Johns

Their subs are good, but they've been on my list ever since my first visit four years ago. It's just the ambiance of the place.

But I've developed a workaround that could make it possible to do business with them again. I'm going to remove them from the list for now until I can try it out.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:52 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:46 pm
Jimmy Johns

Their subs are good, but they've been on my list ever since my first visit four years ago. It's just the ambiance of the place.

But I've developed a workaround that could make it possible to do business with them again. I'm going to remove them from the list for now until I can try it out.
Just download the app and order direct. Easy peasy.

Now I'll go throw myself in traffic for using "easy peasy."

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:55 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:46 pm
Jimmy Johns

I remember you mentioning how loud the music was and how cold the sandwiches are.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:07 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:55 pm

I remember you mentioning how loud the music was and how cold the sandwiches are.

That's right. I didn't mind the cold sandwich so much. My wife didn't like it. It was the head pounding, ear splitting music. I had to scream my order to the guy. Then while we were eating, my wife and I had to shout at each other across the table.

Next time I go, I'll be prepared. A bullhorn for placing my order and hearing protectors for my wife and me to wear while we are eating

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:09 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:07 pm
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:55 pm

That's right. I didn't mind the cold sandwich so much. My wife didn't like it. It was the head pounding, ear splitting music. I had to scream my order to the guy. Then while we were eating, my wife and I had to shout at each other across the table.

Next time I go, I'll be prepared. A bullhorn for placing my order and hearing protectors for my wife and me to wear while we are eating

I remember you talking about the bullhorn.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:12 pm

I wonder if there's anywhere we can get lessons in sign language so we can carry on a conversation at our table.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:17 pm

Wendy's. Port Elgin, ON

Nobody on staff can speak or understand English well. Screwed up our order six ways. The food was cold. It seemed like they must have run the chili through a strainer to get most of the meat out of it

Because of Covid, they're operating at 50% capacity. Half of the tables has signs on them asking customers not to sit at them. The tables that were available all needed cleaning after their last user. My wife asked the guy if someone could clean a table for us. He just gave her a stunned look and continued with whatever he was doing. We just sat down at one of the forbidden tables used it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:01 am

Even those of us in the lower class have cell phones and most have for over a decade.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:33 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:01 am
Even those of us in the lower class have cell phones and most have for over a decade.
And that justifies lousy service? The unvaccinated get treated with greater deference than the unconnected.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:08 pm

None of the fast food places near me are even open inside due to staffing shortages. Most lines are 10 cars deep.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:08 pm
None of the fast food places near me are even open inside due to staffing shortages. Most lines are 10 cars deep.
The drive thru lines are generally pretty short here. The middle class types pre order with a ap and just wait in the parking lot for someone to take their order out to them.

Sometimes I'm the only customer in the working class line

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:17 pm
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:08 pm
The drive thru lines are generally pretty short here. The middle class types pre order with a ap and just wait in the parking lot for someone to take their order out to them.

Sometimes I'm the only customer in the working class line
Short lines, good, then stop bitching and get in line.

Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:33 pm

Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Short lines, good, then stop bitching and get in line.

I don't mind lining up. Especially when I'm the only one in the line. I just want them to get my order straight. I don't think that's asking too much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic