Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Add Another to the List

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Add Another to the List

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:54 pm

Add another to the list was a long running thread here, but it got deleted about a year ago. It was a list of businesses I won't be returning to. It included places like Motel 6 (of course), Denny's, Bob Evans and more.

Today I found a new candidate for the list, McDonald's. Not the entire chain, just store #4659.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

moldyoldie

Re: Add Another to the List

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:12 am

Any addition to such a list is really meaningless without stating a reason.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:23 am

Restaurants are still closed here. You can order on a ap and, when you arrive, they take it out to your car. That's OK for the middle class.

For us working class folks that don't have a ap, they grudgingly allow that we can order verbally at the drive thru. I must have been the only working class guy there, so I had the drive thru lane to myself. I spoke slowly and annunciated my words clearly. She thanked me for my order and told me to drive up to the next window and pay. At the payment window she advised me I could pick up my order at the next window.

Didn't notice anything wrong until I got home and started unpacking our order. One item on our order was a double cheeseburger. It said double cheeseburger on the wrapper but, when I opened it up, it was a dry bun with no mustard pickle or ketchup, just one single, skinny meat patty and no cheese.

Honest mistake? I don't think so. More like a deliberate effort to discourage in person ordering. And it's working. I won't be back.

Deleted User 14896

Oh the woes of a working class man

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:32 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:23 am
For us working class folks that don't have a ap, they grudgingly allow that we can order verbally at the drive thru.
If half the "I'm technologically discombobulated" you say is is true, perhaps the problem is not that you are working class.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:43 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:32 pm

If half the "I'm technologically discombobulated" you say is is true, perhaps the problem is not that you are working class.

Guess you didn't read my post. The problem isn't that I'm working class. The problem is that McD #4659 f***ed up my order. If they're incapable of processing an order given verbally through a microphone, then it's they, not me, who are discombobulated and they shouldn't offer that as an option.

There are lots of other food joints in town and I don't have to go back to McD #4659.

Radio Chili

Post by Radio Chili » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:54 pm

I want to join your boycott, TT but darn it!! I don't know what store #4659 is?! How am I to know which one to avoid?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:03 pm

Store # is always printed at the top of the bill.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:00 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:23 am
Restaurants are still closed here. You can order on a ap and, when you arrive, they take it out to your car. That's OK for the middle class.

For us working class folks that don't have a ap, they grudgingly allow that we can order verbally at the drive thru. I must have been the only working class guy there, so I had the drive thru lane to myself. I spoke slowly and annunciated my words clearly. She thanked me for my order and told me to drive up to the next window and pay. At the payment window she advised me I could pick up my order at the next window.

Didn't notice anything wrong until I got home and started unpacking our order. One item on our order was a double cheeseburger. It said double cheeseburger on the wrapper but, when I opened it up, it was a dry bun with no mustard pickle or ketchup, just one single, skinny meat patty and no cheese.

Honest mistake? I don't think so. More like a deliberate effort to discourage in person ordering. And it's working. I won't be back.
Matt 18:15 "If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

You haven't given them the opportunity to correct the mistake. I highly doubt there is any working class conspiracy.

Call the store refenced in the receipt number and ask if you can get another one next time.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:31 am

No use quoting scripture to a non-believer like me. No one sinned against me. They're just plain incompetent. Can't get a simple order straight.

And I don't believe this is part of some conspiracy against the working class. Had a middle class person tried to use the quaint, old fashioned drive thru, they might have encountered the same issue

In the past few weeks, I've used the drive thru at Popeye's and KFC and never had a problem. In fact, being working class has a distinct advantage. I'm usually the only person in the line, while all the middle class types are waiting in the pickup area for someone to bring out their order.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:31 am
No use quoting scripture to a non-believer like me. No one sinned against me. They're just plain incompetent. Can't get a simple order straight.

And I don't believe this is part of some conspiracy against the working class. Had a middle class person tried to use the quaint, old fashioned drive thru, they might have encountered the same issue

In the past few weeks, I've used the drive thru at Popeye's and KFC and never had a problem. In fact, being working class has a distinct advantage. I'm usually the only person in the line, while all the middle class types are waiting in the pickup area for someone to bring out their order.
Working class people use apps as do crackheads on welfare.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:46 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:37 pm

How can a welfare crackhead afford a cell phone and I can't?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:58 pm

They made a mistake. Sheesh!

My dad's cell phone is $15 a month.

I don't have any apps but the phone and texting is helpful.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:49 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:58 pm
They made a mistake. Sheesh!
A mistake?
Double Cheeseburger. The ingredients are listed in the name. They left out 3/4 of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:00 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:46 pm
Rate This wrote:

I’m certain you could afford one. It’s not that expensive.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:00 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:46 pm
Rate This wrote:

I’m certain you could afford one. It’s not that expensive.
I'd have to give up something else. I can't think of anything I'd be willing to let go of, just to pretend I'm middle class.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic