Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

He/She Makes Time Stop

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

He/She Makes Time Stop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 pm

Prosecutors: Suspect accused of drugging men, stealing high-end watches across South Florida

MIAMI BEACH, FLA. (WSVN) - Police have arrested a suspect accused of renting exotic cars to steal multiple high-end watches from men across South Florida.

John Collins, 29, appeared before a judge in Miami-Dade bond court, Thursday morning, accused of “approaching males in high-end exotic cars” and targeting “men wearing expensive designer watches,” according to the arrest report.

Police said Collins rented Rolls-Royces, Lamborghinis, Porsches and Maseratis as part of the alleged scheme.

Prosecutors allege Collins would target men in fancy neighborhoods or establishments across Miami Beach and Miami and would provide drinks, drugs or drinks spiked with drugs. Soon after, “the male loses consciousness and wakes up hours later with his expensive property/jewelry missing,” according to the arrest report.

When the prosecutor asked in court how Collins would like to be addressed, the 29-year-old responded “She.”

“She allegedly steals their designer watches at bars, in nightclubs in downtown Miami, in Brickell and on Miami Beach,” a prosecutor said in court.

Collins was arrested on Wednesday in connection to a Miami Beach incident that left a drugged victim without his watch and hospitalized at Mount Sinai Medical Center.

According to police, Collins is behind “a string of similar cases” that date back to at least February.

The judge during court referred to the cases as looking like a “one-person crime wave.”

Collins faces several felony charges of robbery by sudden snatching and grand theft. The 29-year-old remains jailed at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in West Miami-Dade due to a hold that stems from a warrant from a previous charge.
https://wsvn.com/news/local/prosecutors ... h-florida/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: He/She Makes Time Stop

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:52 am

If he/she gets probation, I hope someone watches him/her.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:21 am

Somebody should have clocked this guy/gal.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:39 am

He/She will have a good time. Are there co-ed jails in Florida?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:04 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:39 am
If the perp is a biological male but claims to be a 'she' legally (in court?), do they have to be put in a female prison if they're sentenced?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:21 am

He/She/It will have time on their hands.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:03 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:04 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:39 am
If the perp is a biological male but claims to be a 'she' legally (in court?), do they have to be put in a female prison if they're sentenced?
Being it's Florida, counting on that would be a waste of time.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:56 pm

Miami Beach police have been working to stem this type of crime.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:23 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:56 pm
Miami Beach police have been working to stem this type of crime.
They have to. City Council is all wound up.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:57 pm

But their hands are tied.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic