Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Middle Class Rejects Moderna Vaccine

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: Middle Class Rejects Moderna Vaccine

Post by Matt » Tue May 18, 2021 12:07 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:05 am
Someone posted here a while ago the income ranges for both working class and middle class. There was so much overlap that most of us could claim to be either one.

I choose to be working class and it has nothing to do with my income or the vaccine I was given.
You are the only one that thinks a class has picked a particular vaccine. Why do you care so much about class?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:07 pm

You are the only one that thinks a class has picked a particular vaccine.

Because only the middle class is obsessed with branding. They even wear their clothing with the brand logo displayed on the outside. Columbia, Hilfinger etc.

One of my wife's middle class friends buys from thrift shops to get name brand clothing at bargain prices. For what she pays, she could get brand new, unbranded clothing.

I got my new eyeglasses last month.. The woman asked me what brand of frames I wanted. I told her I didn't know they had brands. Then she showed me. They had Levi, Nike, Apple, Harley Davidson, F150 etc. I asked her which was the best. She said they're all equal but most people have a favourite brand.

I asked her if they had any generic, unbranded frames. She showed me. They were pretty much the same. They just didn't have the logo and they were all about $30 cheaper. I chose the no name.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:21 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:30 pm
One of my wife's middle class friends buys from thrift shops to get name brand clothing at bargain prices. For what she pays, she could get brand new, unbranded clothing.
I suppose I'm guilty of doing the same thing. As I'm typing, I'm wearing L.L.Bean cargo shorts from the Goodwill. I buy most of my trousers at the same Goodwill. Not because I'm trying to impress anyone. Because for me, name brand clothes last at least twice as long as unbranded clothes.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 18, 2021 3:47 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:21 pm

I suppose I'm guilty of doing the same thing. As I'm typing, I'm wearing L.L.Bean cargo shorts from the Goodwill. I buy most of my trousers at the same Goodwill. Not because I'm trying to impress anyone. Because for me, name brand clothes last at least twice as long as unbranded clothes.
And I suppose you self identify as middle class.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:47 pm
And I suppose you self identify as middle class.
I'm Middle Class. If the linked article is accurate. It says between $24,345 and $73,035 in Michigan:

https://www.considerable.com/money/econ ... ery-state/

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Ah yes. The middle class. The only class with an income threshold for admission. Someone has bad luck and falls below the threshold, you kick them back out again. Then cry about the shrinking middle class.

The working class is the only class without a threshold or a ceiling. All are welcome.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 pm

You are a class-ist, turk.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 pm

Thanks. I guess that's a compliment.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 18, 2021 8:58 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:42 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 pm

Thanks. I guess that's a compliment.
Not really. I'm middle class and you seem to dislike me for no real reason.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 18, 2021 9:05 pm

I've said over and over again, I don't dislike the middle class. I just don't understand them. During my working career, the people with whom I conducted business across the table were middle class. Most of them seemed to be fine people.

The working class and the middle class are two solitudes unknown to each other. Neither is better or worse than the other. All of us are what we are and we should all we proud of what we are, without the Bernie Sanders of the world trying to convert us.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:06 am

Turkey Trot. I caught a grin last night. It was a little chilly and I had to run out so I grabbed a Carhartt skull cap. I turned it so that the label was in the front. Oh no. I'm guilty.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 20, 2021 9:22 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:05 pm
I've said over and over again, I don't dislike the middle class. I just don't understand them. During my working career, the people with whom I conducted business across the table were middle class. Most of them seemed to be fine people.

The working class and the middle class are two solitudes unknown to each other. Neither is better or worse than the other. All of us are what we are and we should all we proud of what we are, without the Bernie Sanders of the world trying to convert us.
One thing I've never seen you clarify is what exactly separates the working class from the middle class. You do toss around income threshold, but I don't think that is a valid definition.

Is a guy who works at a plumber, works some overtime and makes 70,000.00 per year. His wife works also and pulls in another 35,000.00 per year. They both have a nice car and own a cottage up north. Are they working class or middle class?

Does it depend on the clothes they wear? Where they choose to eat out? What they drink? Please expound.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 20, 2021 10:11 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:22 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:05 pm

One thing I've never seen you clarify is what exactly separates the working class from the middle class. You do toss around income threshold, but I don't think that is a valid definition.

Is a guy who works at a plumber, works some overtime and makes 70,000.00 per year. His wife works also and pulls in another 35,000.00 per year. They both have a nice car and own a cottage up north. Are they working class or middle class?

Does it depend on the clothes they wear? Where they choose to eat out? What they drink? Please expound.
Actually he rejects the income threshold concept we generally distinguish it with here in the states and has said so repeatedly. It’s all about not being proud of much of anything outwardly… no brands, no gadgets… for TT the goal is to be a distant cousin of the Luddites I think.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri May 21, 2021 9:06 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:22 am

We aren't defined by money or income. That has nothing to do with it. We aren't really defined by anything. We're just ordinary folks. We are what we are. We enjoy life as it comes. We aren't slaves to Corporate branding. We aren't forever chasing the latest and hottest trends in clothing, beer, vaccines etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic