Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ontarians Locked Down Tight

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

Ontarians Locked Down Tight

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 11, 2021 12:02 am

My friend from Toronto just sent me this. Ontarians can’t play sports or go to any restaurants. I am a very understanding person when it comes to lock downs, but it certainly is excessive for 3K new cases today. Imagine how all you whiners would fare over there. LOL.
https://torontosun.com/news/nothing-wil ... B2yIlQbBDk

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Re: Ontarians Locked Down Tight

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 11, 2021 12:38 am

The lockdown was booked to end next week but they've said it will be extended. We're mired in the third wave.

It doesn't effect me a whole lot. We don't go to gyms or bars. But I don't like the restricted shopping. The stores that are still open can only sell essential items. I was in a dollar store on the weekend and spotted some Sudoku books someone had forgotten to remove from the shelf. I bought up some of those. I need something to do.

The beer and liquor stores are still open but I'm not taking any chances. I've stocked my bar and my beer fridge. Even if I have to quarantine for 6 weeks, I'll make it through

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 11, 2021 2:41 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:38 am
The lockdown was booked to end next week but they've said it will be extended. We're mired in the third wave.

It doesn't effect me a whole lot. We don't go to gyms or bars. But I don't like the restricted shopping. The stores that are still open can only sell essential items. I was in a dollar store on the weekend and spotted some Sudoku books someone had forgotten to remove from the shelf. I bought up some of those. I need something to do.

The beer and liquor stores are still open but I'm not taking any chances. I've stocked my bar and my beer fridge. Even if I have to quarantine for 6 weeks, I'll make it through
Whitmer tried to do the restriction of non essential items in April 2020 and everyone here lost their shit. That and the ban on landscaping were my only two minor gripes other than when she failed to shut us down at the beginning of last month. If she had shut us down at the beginning of last month, we may be in the 300-400 range of cases. Most idiots on this board still fail to realize that bars and restaurants are where the virus gets passed easily due to the fact you can't wear a mask while eating and drinking. The virus looks for avenues to multiply and spread easily, and that's often the ticket.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 6:33 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:02 am
My friend from Toronto just sent me this. Ontarians can’t play sports or go to any restaurants. I am a very understanding person when it comes to lock downs, but it certainly is excessive for 3K new cases today. Imagine how all you whiners would fare over there. LOL.
https://torontosun.com/news/nothing-wil ... B2yIlQbBDk
3000 cases there is equivalent of a lot more here because of population difference. It would be like us having 25,000 cases a day.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue May 11, 2021 7:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:33 am
3000 cases there is equivalent of a lot more here because of population difference. It would be like us having 25,000 cases a day.
Not so much. Ontario has a population of about 14.5 million compared to Michigan's 10 million. 3k per day in Ontario is the equivalent of 2k per day in Michigan.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 7:42 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:17 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:33 am
Not so much. Ontario has a population of about 14.5 million compared to Michigan's 10 million. 3k per day in Ontario is the equivalent of 2k per day in Michigan.
I was speaking of Canada as a whole. But if it’s just Ontario then I agree that would be excessive.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 11, 2021 8:39 am

Tue May 11, 2021 2:41 am
Turkeytop wrote:

Whitmer tried to do the restriction of non essential items in April 2020 and everyone here lost their shit. That and the ban on landscaping were my only two minor gripes other than when she failed to shut us down at the beginning of last month. If she had shut us down at the beginning of last month, we may be in the 300-400 range of cases. Most idiots on this board still fail to realize that bars and restaurants are where the virus gets passed easily due to the fact you can't wear a mask while eating and drinking. The virus looks for avenues to multiply and spread easily, and that's often the ticket.
There is NO evidence any of this is happening in bars and restaurants. The November-January shutdown failed massively and is why we had the third wave. The third wave followed a similar, less severe trajectory to the second. All of the places that opened up sooner and did not have a winter shutdown are doing much better than Michigan. This isn't rocket science. Infections are not an effective metric, and it is unfortunate that so many people have been brainwashed.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 9:01 am

Matt wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:39 am
Tue May 11, 2021 2:41 am
Turkeytop wrote:

There is NO evidence any of this is happening in bars and restaurants. The November-January shutdown failed massively and is why we had the third wave. The third wave followed a similar, less severe trajectory to the second. All of the places that opened up sooner and did not have a winter shutdown are doing much better than Michigan. This isn't rocket science. Infections are not an effective metric, and it is unfortunate that so many people have been brainwashed.
What metric do you wish to use then?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 am

I hear they also can't use their own boats in Ontario too.

Perhaps the Governor's husband can call over there to give some pointers on how to get around that.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 11, 2021 10:11 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 am

Perhaps the Governor's husband can call over there to give some pointers on how to get around that.
sorry you're so jealous that the governor has a nice house on Lake Michigan with a boat and you've got nothing but your ignorance and hate...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:11 am
km1125 wrote:

sorry you're so jealous that the governor has a nice house on Lake Michigan with a boat and you've got nothing but your ignorance and hate...
She’s toast.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am

TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:

Did he or did he not try and get his boat launched while the rest of us were being locked down by his wife???

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 11, 2021 10:24 am

We shall see how things go next year. If you recall the last time we had a H*** number of Republican candidates running for that office we ended up with a loser she blew completely out of the water without much work.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 11, 2021 10:25 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am
TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:

Did he or did he not try and get his boat launched while the rest of us were being locked down by his wife???
it's not important to anyone except you.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:33 am

Turkey:

Could you expound on what's going on with zones or something like that?

I was reading an article where some people from Toronto (the article said GTA) got fined $750 each for going up to Cottage Country for the day.

Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic