Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

85 Year Old With Alzheimer's Stuck With Tech Gear He Can't Use

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

85 Year Old With Alzheimer's Stuck With Tech Gear He Can't Use

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 10, 2021 8:36 pm

85-year-old with Alzheimer's sold Bell products and services he can't use after visit to The Source

Ross Miller, 85, thought he needed a new TV last October, so he went to The Source — a consumer electronics store owned by Bell Canada. But he got much more than he intended.

A sales rep signed Miller to two-year contracts for Bell Fibe TV and a new cell phone with data and a warranty plan; sold him a cordless phone, landline and tablet; and signed him to another two-year contract for high-speed home internet.

Miller, who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, isn't clear what happened. He already had a cell phone, which he doesn't use, didn't know what a tablet was and doesn't understand the internet.

The new products and services "seemed to have been sold to me without my knowledge, I guess," he told Go Public, shrugging. "That's the only explanation I can have. I'm still not sure how that happened."

Miller's son has a pretty good idea what happened — he says a sales rep at the store in Toronto's Dufferin Mall acted unethically.

"He went in to get a TV … and came out with everything except a TV," said James Ogden. "There's no justification for what they did, just taking advantage of somebody. It was exploitative."

Read rest of story here
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/senior ... -1.6014904

Toronto is 1205 miles from Niceville.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.