Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Improper Discharge?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Improper Discharge?

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 11, 2021 11:15 am

If he shoved someone into the press that would be a criminal matter. The Police wouldn't botch their investigation the way these idiots did

But then there was OJ. We all know he did it but the prosecution didn't prove its case.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 11:22 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:15 am
If he shoved someone into the press that would be a criminal matter. The Police wouldn't botch their investigation the way these idiots did

But then there was OJ. We all know he did it but the prosecution didn't prove its case.
The glove didn’t fit so they had to acquit.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 11, 2021 11:31 am

I had another case where the guy was fired for being drunk. He was so outraged, he drove to the police station and demanded to be tested to prove his innocence. It appeared to the person at the desk that he was under the influence. But they don't administer a test just to anyone who walks in off the street asking for one.

They watched him leave. As soon as he got into his car and started the engine. they met him and got him out of the car. They tested him. He failed. He lost his job and his license.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 12:46 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:31 am
I had another case where the guy was fired for being drunk. He was so outraged, he drove to the police station and demanded to be tested to prove his innocence. It appeared to the person at the desk that he was under the influence. But they don't administer a test just to anyone who walks in off the street asking for one.

They watched him leave. As soon as he got into his car and started the engine. they met him and got him out of the car. They tested him. He failed. He lost his job and his license.
Well now that’s a whole other level of brilliance right there.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 11, 2021 9:02 pm

So, after the Arbitrators decision came down, the grievor was told to report for his shift the following Monday. As it turned out, he never went back'

That weekend, he and a couple of his friends were putting a new roof on his tall, Victorian house. He fell off the roof and was injured so badly he would never be able to return to his job. I didn't follow his career after that but I would expect he was never again able to do any kind of job.

While I was reviewing this case before I posted it here, I tried punching his name with the name of his town into google. The only reference to his name appeared in his wife's obituary. She died in 2017. It said she was predeceased by her husband Ronald.

Constant Listener

Post by Constant Listener » Tue May 11, 2021 9:07 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:46 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:31 am

Well now that’s a whole other level of brilliance right there.
Back when I was a cop, had a co worker who was at another department previously tell me the story of how he arrested a drunk driver not far from the police station. Guy had legally parked his car so they didn’t tow it. Guy had enough money on him and, at the time, there was no sleep it off in jail until you sober up, so he posted bond and walked back to his car. They called for another police car to watch this guys car and, predictably, the guy walked back to his car and drove away. He got arrested again for drunk driving and stayed this time because he couldn’t bond out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic