Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oscars Offend Roughtly 50% Of Potential Audience

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Shuts Up

Oscars Offend Roughtly 50% Of Potential Audience

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:34 am

Hollywood is rapidly fading. The Oscars program has fallen to a new low. The ratings are likely to follow. Theaters may never return nearly as strong after the virus subsides, if ever. NYP describes Oscars program as torture.

50% or more of the people don't want to watch their trash anymore. Yet Hollywood refuses to change.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/26/oscars-20 ... ble-hours/

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Re: Oscars Offend Roughtly 50% Of Potential Audience

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:32 pm

Oscars 2021 tortured viewers for more than 3 unbearable hours

The torture victims were willing victims. It's easy to turn the TV off.

Didn't offend me at all. I've never even once in my life watched it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:42 pm

Couldn't care less about it. With Comcrap adding tons of commercials for on-demand content, I am about ready to pitch them. I just don't care about regular TV. Horrible writing.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:21 pm

From the linked article:

" .... At this event, which ostensibly is meant to celebrate the movies, we rarely saw clips of any of the films .... "

Myself, I didn't tune in because I never went to the movies. They were closed. Fox2 had a little bit this morning saying 95 percent of people polled were not interested this year. I'm one of those 95 percent.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:03 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:21 pm
From the linked article:

" .... At this event, which ostensibly is meant to celebrate the movies, we rarely saw clips of any of the films .... "

Myself, I didn't tune in because I never went to the movies. They were closed. Fox2 had a little bit this morning saying 95 percent of people polled were not interested this year. I'm one of those 95 percent.

That describes me every year.

The last movie I attended was about 1990. My wife dragged me out to watch Driving Miss Daisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:08 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:03 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:21 pm
From the linked article:

That describes me every year.

The last movie I attended was about 1990. My wife dragged me out to watch Driving Miss Daisy.
:rollin

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:16 pm

It's not that these awards shows offend me (although I'm sure there is enough to offend me). I just don't care to waste time watching people I can't relate to pat themselves on the back for several hours. Most of them I have likely never heard of, nor am I familiar with their films.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:16 pm
It's not that these awards shows offend me (although I'm sure there is enough to offend me). I just don't care to waste time watching people I can't relate to pat themselves on the back for several hours. Most of them I have likely never heard of, nor am I familiar with their films.

Agree 100%

Like, we're supposed to be interested in them and their careers. Who cares?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic