Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Derek Chauvin predictions

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Derek Chauvin predictions

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:17 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:24 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:24 pm

BidenBabe is right. No matter the verdict, there will be riots. If the police in the Twin Cities were smart, they'd all just stay away and let the town burn. It's gonna happen no matter what.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:39 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:25 pm
Regardless of the verdict, black people will riot.
Anarchists come in many colors.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:06 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:39 pm
Bidengirl wrote:
Anarchists come in many colors.
What amazed me about the BLM and ANTIFA people was the number of soulless looking white women. They seemed like mindless robots.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 am

Pretty damn peaceful after the correct guilty verdict. Let's hope the sentencing is fair. Anything less than 20 years will be absurd.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:15 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 am
Pretty damn peaceful after the correct guilty verdict. Let's hope the sentencing is fair. Anything less than 20 years will be absurd.
How do you know that it was the "correct" verdict? Did you watch every second of the case? Were you able to see proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the cop's actions killed George Floyd?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:11 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:15 am
How do you know that it was the "correct" verdict? Did you watch every second of the case? Were you able to see proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the cop's actions killed George Floyd?
Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:00 pm

George Floyd was not a hero, but he didn't deserve to die. Let's not make this more than it is. The actions of an overreaching cop ended his life prematurely. That cop is now likely going to pay the price for his actions.
Make up your mind.....

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:20 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:11 am
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:

George Floyd was not a hero, but he didn't deserve to die. Let's not make this more than it is. The actions of an overreaching cop ended his life prematurely. That cop is now likely going to pay the price for his actions.
Make up your mind.....
There's a difference between emphatically stating that the "correct" verdict was reached and commenting on the actual verdict. My comments yesterday were based on the verdict, not a premeditated decision I made based on not knowing all of the facts.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:37 am

I'm sorry Matt, but I see no difference between the context of each of your comments. You both stated that you believe that the cop's actions prematurely ended Floyd's life. What difference does it make at precisely what time each of you reached that conclusion? And are you saying that you had no opinion on this before the verdict was announced? Because that is how I interpret what you're saying here.
Last edited by bmw on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:38 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:20 am
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:11 am
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:

Make up your mind.....
There's a difference between emphatically stating that the "correct" verdict was reached and commenting on the actual verdict. My comments yesterday were based on the verdict, not a premeditated decision I made based on not knowing all of the facts.
Now you're just playing with semantics. It's called a "judgment" for a reason.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:52 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:37 am
I'm sorry Matt, but I see no difference between the context of each of your comments. You both stated that you believe that the cop's actions prematurely ended Floyd's life. What difference does it make at precisely what time each of you reached that conclusion? And are you saying that you had no opinion on this before the verdict was announced? Because that is how I interpret what you're saying here.
I didn't follow the case closely enough to know one way or another. Based on my limited knowledge of the facts, I was surprised with the verdict, but my comments were purely fact-based. The jury found that Chauvin's actions lead to Floyd's death - that statement is indisputable. I think the following snippet from today's WSJ editorial speaks to what I'm trying to get at:
It would be nice to think all of this would prompt reflection among those who have exploited Floyd’s killing for political purposes. But it probably won’t. Even after the verdict, commentators who applauded the jury gave last year’s riots in American cities the credit for inspiring it.

Not the facts. Not the law. But lawless protests. If a large faction of Americans really believe that only mayhem in the streets can guarantee justice in America, then this verdict will mean little and we are in for far more unrest ahead.

On this point, President Biden has been little help, despite his inaugural pleas for unity and healing. On Tuesday before the verdict, Mr. Biden said he was “praying” for the jury to reach “the right verdict” and that the evidence was “overwhelming.” That’s an outrageous interference with the administration of justice. Though the jury was sequestered at the time, it’s possible word of his comments could have made it to the jury had their deliberations gone on. That could have been grounds for a mistrial.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:01 am

I didn't follow the case at all during the trial, but I do think that the video, which has been public for nearly a year now, speaks for itself, and for that reason, I don't have a problem with other people making their own judgments before the verdict was read. The exception here of course is public officials - what Biden and Waters said was beyond irresponsible (the latter of which will undoubtedly serve as grounds for appeal) - no public official had any business whatsoever commenting on what the verdict should be.

And as I said in another thread - will there be justice for all 25 people who died as a direct result of the riots? I doubt it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:01 am
I didn't follow the case at all during the trial, but I do think that the video, which has been public for nearly a year now, speaks for itself, and for that reason, I don't have a problem with other people making their own judgments before the verdict was read. The exception here of course is public officials - what Biden and Waters said was beyond irresponsible (the latter of which will undoubtedly serve as grounds for appeal) - no public official had any business whatsoever commenting on what the verdict should be.

And as I said in another thread - will there be justice for all 25 people who died as a direct result of the riots? I doubt it.
His appeal based on Waters comments will fail. The jury was sequestered at the time so her words could not have influence over them.

As for the fact that she talked about some sort of forceful protests... that’s legal too and such has been decided at the Supreme Court level already.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:50 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
I, for one, am sad to say it, but I believe it will be true.

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:24 pm
BidenBabe is right. No matter the verdict, there will be riots. If the police in the Twin Cities were smart, they'd all just stay away and let the town burn. It's gonna happen no matter what.
These "brilliant" predictions did not age well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic