Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Windsor Store Refuses Entry To Vaccinated Customers

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Windsor Store Refuses Entry To Vaccinated Customers

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:35 pm

Windsor, Ont., store posts sign barring those who received the COVID-19 vaccine from shopping inside

WINDSOR, ONT. -- A Windsor, Ont., health and wellness business has posted a sign informing customers that they will not be allowed to enter the store if they have received a COVID-19 vaccine.

Tony Pantalleresco, owner of Herb Plus Beadworks on Ottawa Street posted the sign on the front door of his business stating: “Please note to ensure the safety of our employees and existing clients, the shop is not allowing anyone in who has taken the experimental vaccine.”

Pantalleresco says if you’re vaccinated, you cannot come into the store.

“It’s not that simple,” he says. “No shoes, no shirt, no service. I’m now dealing with genetics. This is what I’m saying. We don’t have enough data right now to say that these are safe. They are obviously not safe that’s why they are now pulling it off the mark.”

Alison Thompson, a public health ethicist at the University of Toronto says she believes there is some misunderstanding about the nature of the mRNA vaccines.

“These are RNA vaccines, they are not vaccines that effect DNA and it sounds to me like what might be going on here is there is a fear of genetic mutation occurring that might be transferable to other people and this is where the science is misunderstood by this individual,” she says.

There are business risks to consider as well.

“Anytime anybody wants to restrict access to their private business that’s their prerogative,” Thompson says. “This borders on a discrimination about people’s biological status. We are typically hearing about people doing the opposite saying unless you have a vaccine you aren’t allowed to attend a concert or enter a premises.”

Thompson says the debate on vaccine passports still rages.

“This is the inverse of that so at first glance you think if you can justify it one way, you would be able to justify it in the reverse, but in this case there is no scientific basis for the reason to exclude someone from the store,” she says.

As an essential healthcare service, Pantalleresco says those vaccinated can still use curbside pick-up.

“The insurances are not going to support you if something goes wrong,” he says. “If somebody comes in your store, somebody gets sick from being in contact because they’ve had the injectable because it’s a program, then what. Then something can happen because we are going to lose our business. We are losing our businesses anyone because of this bad policy.”

“The concern here is that we are seeing people’s liberties are being restrained on the basis of their biological status in this case their immune status. That leads us into some pretty ethically murky territory,” Thompson said.

Pantalleresco plans to keep the sign up for now.
https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/windsor-ont- ... -1.5390844

Windsor ON is 974 miles from Niceville

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14896

Re: Windsor Store Refuses Entry To Vaccinated Customers

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:18 pm

I've posted this before from time to time.
If Essex County is like Wayne County, a business can refuse entry for any reason they choose. Even if there is no law.
A good example is Walmart and Open Carry. There are no laws over here curtailing open carry in a retail establishment.
But Walmart says they don't want open carry in THEIR store. Either comply or be arrested for trespassing. And it will stick.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:29 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:18 pm
I've posted this before from time to time.
If Essex County is like Wayne County, a business can refuse entry for any reason they choose. Even if there is no law.
A good example is Walmart and Open Carry. There are no laws over here curtailing open carry in a retail establishment.
But Walmart says they don't want open carry in THEIR store. Either comply or be arrested for trespassing. And it will stick.

That's generally true in Canada also. Except, I can't refuse entry to someone for grounds protected under the Human Rights Code. Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexual orientation, Handicap or Disability.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:21 am

Does this apply to Canadien banks? :lol:

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:03 am

HD74 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:21 am
Does this apply to Canadien banks? :lol:
You have to show your "white collar" to be admitted. :lol

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:11 am

Social class is not protected grounds

White collar is not a requirement. You just have to be recognizable as middle class. You have to be wearing clothes with the labels on the outside. You have to be wearing sandals or shoes with no socks. You have to be wearing the right brand of sunglasses on top of your head. And, most importantly, you need a cell phone glued to one hand. and a Starbucks coffee in the other hand.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:41 pm

How would they know whether or not someone has been vaccinated? It's not as if there's a "proof of no vaccination" card.

The owner says we don’t have enough data right now to say that these are safe. In the next breath he says they are obviously not safe . He says there's not enough data, yet he can draw a definite conclusion based on the same lack of data. Doesn't make much sense.

But hey, it's his business. As long as he's not breaking civil rights statues, he's free to make the rules.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Deleted User 14896

I hear you knocking but you can't come in

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:47 am

Looks like Canada is thinking of requiring vaccine passports to enter the country:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerow ... 70bb2f1a71

Rate This

Re: I hear you knocking but you can't come in

Post by Rate This » Wed May 05, 2021 10:06 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:47 am
Looks like Canada is thinking of requiring vaccine passports to enter the country:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerow ... 70bb2f1a71
The fun fact is that private businesses and industry groups thought these up in conjunction with airlines and other travel businesses.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic