Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bravo, Alabama Amazon workers!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Bravo, Alabama Amazon workers!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:04 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:04 pm
The Republican Party has effectively strangled unions through years of propaganda that have been on display in this thread.
Seriously, have you ever been in a union? I have, and it's no picnic.

I wonder if the Democratic Party wants only employees of the specific workforce to vote whether to certify a union since requiring only workers of that unit to vote would be "voter suppression."

:rollin
Several unions, yes. My first job was union, and they prevented my manager from forcing me to work off the clock.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:43 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Several unions, yes. My first job was union, and they prevented my manager from forcing me to work off the clock.

Were it not for my Union, I might still be living in grinding poverty, like three of my siblings, instead of the good life I'm living today.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:29 pm

One might ask the question as to how much the 'trickle down' gave you since '80's and how things got so much better since the 'Right to Work' took effect?
Once a boss told us employees that he treated us right that we wouldn't see a need for a union. He was right, but I also had an employer who let go anyone who made noise of a union.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:53 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:29 pm
One might ask the question as to how much the 'trickle down' gave you since '80's and how things got so much better since the 'Right to Work' took effect?
Once a boss told us employees that he treated us right that we wouldn't see a need for a union. He was right, but I also had an employer who let go anyone who made noise of a union.
I've been in the same kind of shops. The second type ('let go of anyone who made noise of a union') was great but they would also let go any manager or supervisor if there was talk of union organizing within their ranks. They company was adamant about not having nor needing a union to be a middleman between the company and the employees. If their supervisors and managers weren't communicating with their employees and in tune with what was going on, they were not valuable to the company. We had two different areas that had union representation. They were both because we had took over other companies that had unions. Both areas ended up decertifying after a couple years.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:36 pm

I might add that the company that would 'ziggy' anyone chatting union also had a several locations in other parts of the world where the happiness quotient and healthiness of the individuals was better.
They were all unionized. Seeing photos it also was clear that these sites were much cleaner and used the newest machines plus robots for the heavy stuff. Whereas some of our equipment wasn't even made anymore. Very low cost efficient processing and we had to make some of the replacement parts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic