Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Getting Jabbed

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Getting Jabbed

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:29 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:04 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:57 pm
I'm halfway through the wait, and I can feel my arm is likely going to be sore.
Lovely... we have a consistent side effect. Whenever I manage to find an appointment I can look forward to this at the very least.
Now I'm not really noticing anything really bad in my arm. I'm about to head into the gym.
How long is the wait for possible side effects?
A several allergic reaction normally develops within 30 minutes(if at all). Mild to moderate side effects can be any time from when you get the shot to 3 days. Obviously, there are always outliers. I also felt a touch dizzy within the first 5 minutes, but I also battle with that frequently.

Every individual is different. It's a 50-50 shot.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:08 pm

Are these the first or second shot? I'm hearing the second shot is the one that causes problems.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:21 pm

It's the first shot for me. There can be reactions for either one.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:08 pm
Are these the first or second shot? I'm hearing the second shot is the one that causes problems.
First for me, and I'm not really noticing anything two hours after the fact, with a 50 minute workout in between.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:46 pm
We're all on the road to demask us.
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :lol

Pain in shoulder dissipated completely overnight, two days after second Pfizer shot.

FWIW, the nurse in the post-shot observation room suggested doing the chicken dance.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:06 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Pain in shoulder dissipated completely overnight, two days after second Pfizer shot.

FWIW, the nurse in the post-shot observation room suggested doing the chicken dance.
Our friend in Canada may have to do the Turkey Trott....

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:47 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:06 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Our friend in Canada may have to do the Turkey Trott....
...on the Road to Demask Us. :razz Syria-sly!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:55 am

A significant number of my friends who have had Pfizer say they feel very tired one day after the second shot. I felt fine the day of the second shot okay the next day and was pretty tired on the second day. I just scheduled a light work load and ended up cleaning up around my house. In both doses my arm was sore for a few days.

I'm on the joint operation committee for my county and we have not heard of any significant reactions here.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:26 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:55 am
A significant number of my friends who have had Pfizer say they feel very tired one day after the second shot. I felt fine the day of the second shot okay the next day and was pretty tired on the second day. I just scheduled a light work load and ended up cleaning up around my house. In both doses my arm was sore for a few days.

I'm on the joint operation committee for my county and we have not heard of any significant reactions here.
I'm definitely dragging a bit today and have very minor soreness in my arm. I highly recommend moving it as much as possible on the day of.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:18 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:55 am
Thought you signed up for something different, didn't ya?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:45 am

My intense pain of yesterday and Tuesday is finally 99% gone. I only notice a little twinge when extending my left arm. Not really dragging today, but I also have chronic fatigue so I am very familiar with the fatigued feeling. Other than mild stomach issues, I am not feeling too badly today (other than seeing the snow).

Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Twenty - four hours later, my wife is complaining of a sore arm. Mine doesn't even feel tender if I touch it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:11 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:32 pm
Twenty - four hours later, my wife is complaining of a sore arm. Mine doesn't even feel tender if I touch it.
Tell her I completely understand. Hope she feels better. It was hurting my arm to even lift it over my head. Like honestly, it felt someone sucker punched me or that I tore my rotator cuff.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:12 pm

Finally found an appointment... Saturday at 130 with Kroger doing the honors, second one on the 24th.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:43 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:32 pm
You're a badass

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic