Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Getting Jabbed

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: Getting Jabbed

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:23 pm

Success?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:11 pm

There's also a Detroit vaccine hunters page on Facebook. This was how my daughter got her appointment. The best opportunity I can see is to get last minute cancellations on a variety of schedules.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:55 pm

Got my first dose Saturday 3/20. Second shot set for Saturday 4/3. Got the Phizer vaccine. No side effects from the first shot other than a sore arm for a day and a metallic taste that subsided after a few hours. Hoping the second shot goes as well.

I scheduled mine through Sparrow. Logged into my patient portal to set it up, and was able to set the first appointment two days out. They have a drive-through site at the old Lansing Sears auto bays in Frandor. Very well organized. The whole process took less than a half-hour including the post-wait time. Didn't have to leave the car.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:55 pm
Got my first dose Saturday 3/20. Second shot set for Saturday 4/3. Got the Phizer vaccine. No side effects from the first shot other than a sore arm for a day and a metallic taste that subsided after a few hours. Hoping the second shot goes as well.
Those dates correct?

If so, it would seem to indicate that they've shortened the Pfizer interval between shots from 3 to 2 weeks for you... not sure that jibes with recommendations.

I had mild (headache, sore joints & shoulder) effects after my 1st Pfizer shot. Waiting to hear how it goes for a co-worker who got same a few days before me. He seems to think that if you suffer any symptoms on the first go-round, it's less likely you will have any following the 2nd shot.

Wishful thinking, probably...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:20 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:24 pm
Calvert DeForest wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:55 pm
Those dates correct?

If so, it would seem to indicate that they've shortened the Pfizer interval between shots from 3 to 2 weeks for you... not sure that jibes with recommendations.

I had mild (headache, sore joints & shoulder) effects after my 1st Pfizer shot. Waiting to hear how it goes for a co-worker who got same a few days before me. He seems to think that if you suffer any symptoms on the first go-round, it's less likely you will have any following the 2nd shot.

Wishful thinking, probably...
You are correct. First shot was Saturday 3/13. Got my dates mixed up.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:56 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:12 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:53 pm
At the moment, I'm scheduled for a week from today. I'm looking for a little closer than an hour and 15 minute drive.
Still on 3/30 - down to a 30 minute drive.
Now on 3/31 in Ann Arbor.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:51 am

Second Pfizer shot resulted in a somewhat sore shoulder and nothing more to speak of...so far.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:17 pm

Got the first Pfizer shot today. My left arm hurts like a motherfucker....

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:20 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:17 pm
Got the first Pfizer shot today. My left arm hurts like a motherfucker....
I plan on working out after mine tomorrow. I hope that helps.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:48 pm

This is more than just incidental soreness. This feels like I fell hard on my arm or like I tore a rotator cuff.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:05 am

Mine felt the same way. I kept moving it around and using it and that helped the pain go away faster

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:33 am

Is there a reason they aren't administering the shot in the hip? The hip and buttocks are much better suited for absorbing trauma.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:36 am

I finally opened up this thread and looked at it.
Travel safe Turkey Top.

It's a bit weird, for as large as London is, that you and your better half need to go into less populated Lambton/Sarnia.

I just looked. I was going to recommend a good place to eat. Alternate Grounds Dockside. Nice view, good food. But they don't open until April 30th.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:46 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:36 am
I finally opened up this thread and looked at it.
Travel safe Turkey Top.

It's a bit weird, for as large as London is, that you and your better half need to go into less populated Lambton/Sarnia.
Bureaucracy . There is a mass clinic within walking distance of our house.These guys are all located in Toronto. Toronto is the centre of their world. Small towns like like London, Forest and Cabbageville are just part of the rest of the world

. But I want the shot. I'd have driven to Montreal if they had asked me to..

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 am

Bryce, I don't know about other places but most vaccine sites in my area of the world are open and for shots in the hip or butt you need a certain amount of privacy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic