Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Name The Whisky

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Name The Whisky

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:04 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Robert Faygo

Re: Name The Whisky

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:13 pm

Well, Google bailed me out after guessing it was something Creek whiskey.

Forty Creek Three Grain. Any good?

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:18 pm

They discontinued the three grain blend twenty years ago. But they've reprised this year with a special, limited edition batch.

Someone gave it to me as a gift and I got around to trying it this weekend.

Forty creek is a small distillery on Ontario's Niagara Peninsula.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:48 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:18 pm
They discontinued the three grain blend twenty years ago. But they've reprised this year with a special, limited edition batch.

Someone gave it to me as a gift and I got around to trying it this weekend.

Forty creek is a small distillery on Ontario's Niagara Peninsula.

Have you ever had anything from this small distillery, near Forty Creek, TT: https://dillons.ca/

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:54 pm

No I haven't. This is the first I've seen it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:52 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:14 am

Wiser's / JP Wiser's Canadian...

I was under the impression Name The Whisky had its own, yet tiny, thread though. :blink

On another note, I've seen several of the KIRKLAND potables - including their highly-rated (here) whiskey - OUTSIDE of Costco. A deli on Front St in TC had 'em on the shelf... all in in large vessels and low-priced.
Thanks for reminding me about this thread. I had forgotten about it.

You're close on the brand.

My usual brand is Canadian Club. It's made in Windsor, about 90 miles from here. But due to "supply chain issues" the store was out of CC this week. Had to try something new.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:11 am

I spent Black Friday and the Saturday after that in Bourbon country Kentucky. I went to three distilleries in Frankfort and a two more in Bardstown.

Woodford had the coolest campus but I really enjoyed this bourbon the best.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:44 pm

Bourbon i something I've just never acquired a taste for. I know a lot of people like it, but I just haven't tried. I'm strictly a Canadian whisky drinker.

They sell my Canadian Club in Florida. It must be just for us snowbirds.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:01 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:44 pm
Bourbon i something I've just never acquired a taste for. I know a lot of people like it, but I just haven't tried. I'm strictly a Canadian whisky drinker.

They sell my Canadian Club in Florida. It must be just for us snowbirds.
Come to the dark side my friend! I enjoy good Canadian Whisky. Used to have a bottle of Crown on my top shelf at all times. Maybe it's because of my aged taste buds, but I find the Canadian whisky sold by Costco to be just as good at half the price. I even pour some into an old Crown bottle and not one friend has noticed the difference.

Now, to me, the difference between Canadian whisky and a great bourbon is sort of like the difference between smoking a cigarette and smoking a cigar. If ya need a quick fix, Canadian whisky is a great choice, if you want to sit for a while, sip and enjoy a complex whisky, the subtle flavors and relax a while, a good bourbon is the way to go.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:18 pm

I prefer Rye mostly. This is my go to with company...

This is my Friday night choice...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:55 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:01 pm
Come to the dark side my friend! I enjoy good Canadian Whisky. Used to have a bottle of Crown on my top shelf at all times. Maybe it's because of my aged taste buds, but I find the Canadian whisky sold by Costco to be just as good at half the price. I even pour some into an old Crown bottle and not one friend has noticed the difference.

Now, to me, the difference between Canadian whisky and a great bourbon is sort of like the difference between smoking a cigarette and smoking a cigar. If ya need a quick fix, Canadian whisky is a great choice, if you want to sit for a while, sip and enjoy a complex whisky, the subtle flavors and relax a while, a good bourbon is the way to go.

I didn't mean to suggest that bourbon isn't good. I've just never taken the time to become acquainted with it. Likewise with Scotch. I've never really given it a chance either.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:17 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:55 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:01 pm

I didn't mean to suggest that bourbon isn't good. I've just never taken the time to become acquainted with it. Likewise with Scotch. I've never really given it a chance either.
When in Florida this year, go to a Costco and get a bottle of their Kirkland Canadian. At least in Michigan you don't need a membership to purchase booze. I bet you like it as well if not more than CC.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:22 pm

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:33 pm

Much of what you post we can't get in the US...

― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:47 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:33 pm
Much of what you post we can't get in the US...

This is a tough one. I probably couldn't answer it myself. But someone here will get it. I don't know how they do it..

This was my first time for this one and I'm impressed. I'll look for it again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic