Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

VANdalism and the Body Politic

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

VANdalism and the Body Politic

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:33 am

Suspects in funeral home van theft charged

FESTUS, Mo. (WCIA) — The man and woman suspected of stealing a funeral home van with a body inside it have been found and arrested.

38-year-old Brian Schaake, from Springfield, Ill., has been charged with one count of stealing a motor vehicle/watercraft/aircraft and is being held on a $40,000 cash only bond. 31-year-old Christina Kalb, from Springfield, Ill., was charged with tampering with a motor vehicle in the second degree. She has been released from custody.

Officers found the stolen funeral home van Friday morning, just south of St. Louis, in Festus. The body was still inside it.

According to a probable cause report, an employee of William Harris Funeral Home stopped at a QuikTrip for gas on Thursday and left the vehicle running with the keys inside while he went into the gas station to use a restroom. The van was gone when he went back outside.

Surveillance video showed a man get in the driver’s seat and a woman get in the passenger side door and drive away.

On Friday, someone saw the van at a nearby Wal-Mart and called police. Officers arrested Schaake and the woman in the store. Investigators said Schaake admitted to stealing the van with the woman.
https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/i ... t-charged/

709 miles

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Re: VANdalism and the Body Politic

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:33 am
Suspects in funeral home van theft charged

FESTUS, Mo. (WCIA) — The man and woman suspected of stealing a funeral home van with a body inside it have been found and arrested.

38-year-old Brian Schaake, from Springfield, Ill., has been charged with one count of stealing a motor vehicle/watercraft/aircraft and is being held on a $40,000 cash only bond. 31-year-old Christina Kalb, from Springfield, Ill., was charged with tampering with a motor vehicle in the second degree. She has been released from custody.

Officers found the stolen funeral home van Friday morning, just south of St. Louis, in Festus. The body was still inside it.

According to a probable cause report, an employee of William Harris Funeral Home stopped at a QuikTrip for gas on Thursday and left the vehicle running with the keys inside while he went into the gas station to use a restroom. The van was gone when he went back outside.

Surveillance video showed a man get in the driver’s seat and a woman get in the passenger side door and drive away.

On Friday, someone saw the van at a nearby Wal-Mart and called police. Officers arrested Schaake and the woman in the store. Investigators said Schaake admitted to stealing the van with the woman.
https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/i ... t-charged/

709 miles
I like the subtle return!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic