Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Diseases of Sheep

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Diseases of Sheep

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:54 pm

The common diseases which affect goats and sheep in sub-Saharan countries are helminthosis, peste des petits ruminants, contagious ecthyma, goat/sheep pox, pneumonia, anthrax, blackquarter, footrot, caseous lymphadenitis and brucellosis.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14896

Re: News From Niceville

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:00 am

I read this sort of thing and think "What a putz" about the underage boy. Here you're getting head, or getting to bust your nut without a rubber. I'd keep my mouth shut.

We had a hot teacher in high school (and she was fine, all bs aside) that was letting some of the guys have some. I wasn't jock enough to be included. But no one went running home to their mommy squealing about it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:03 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:00 am
I read this sort of thing and think "What a putz" about the underage boy. Here you're getting head, or getting to bust your nut without a rubber. I'd keep my mouth shut.

We had a hot teacher in high school (and she was fine, all bs aside) that was letting some of the guys have some. I wasn't jock enough to be included. But no one went running home to their mommy squealing about it.
I’ve often wondered if the panic and devastation from the parents and labeling the kid as a victim does more harm than good for their development. A relationship is a relationship as long as it’s not abusive or destructive. Age is more or less just a number. If this wasn’t relatively common we wouldn’t here about it every time the wind blew. In a rational world that may suggest a reevaluation of how wrong it is.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:14 am

There has traditionally been a double-standard when it comes to this stuff. If the minor was female and the adult teacher was male, it would be quite a different reaction. Some might think this kid was "getting lucky", but the psychological implications can be serious, even if not immediately apparent. This kid's perception of sex and sexual relationships could shape how he goes about forming and maintaining more committed relationships later in life. Puberty is still in-process at that age, which makes it tough for any 15 year-old, regardless of sex, to understand how their psyches are being shaped by such acts, especially when an authority figure is involved.

Age of consent isn't just a number....it's based on an age when most people have completed adolescence and reached a less-confusing sense of reason. Not saying their judgement becomes perfect or that they couldn't still be affected after reaching a certain age, but there has to be a line at which a person assumes adult responsibilities. Parents, guardians and teachers have a responsibility to respect that line and do what is in the minor's best interest, just as a psychologist or medical professional has a responsibility to respect the lines of a doctor-patient relationship. There are some lines you just don't cross, and this is one of them. Double-standard doesn't apply.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:27 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:14 am
There has traditionally been a double-standard when it comes to this stuff. If the minor was female and the adult teacher was male, it would be quite a different reaction. Some might think this kid was "getting lucky", but the psychological implications can be serious, even if not immediately apparent. This kid's perception of sex and sexual relationships could shape how he goes about forming and maintaining more committed relationships later in life. Puberty is still in-process at that age, which makes it tough for any 15 year-old, regardless of sex, to understand how their psyches are being shaped by such acts, especially when an authority figure is involved.

Age of consent isn't just a number....it's based on an age when most people have completed adolescence and reached a less-confusing sense of reason. Not saying their judgement becomes perfect or that they couldn't still be affected after reaching a certain age, but there has to be a line at which a person assumes adult responsibilities. Parents, guardians and teachers have a responsibility to respect that line and do what is in the minor's best interest, just as a psychologist or medical professional has a responsibility to respect the lines of a doctor-patient relationship. There are some lines you just don't cross, and this is one of them. Double-standard doesn't apply.
I rather doubt it. Telling him he’s a victim instead of letting it play out is far, far worse on somebody’s psyche. Oh... and the brain continues to develop until 24 yet we have the age of consent sitting at 16. So riddle me this... how can anyone reasonably let someone who has an underdeveloped brain be an adult before 24? That’s why they generally spend the next 6-8 years screwing up. This is a rabbit hole of an issue but I’m not seeing what kinds of issues forming relationships this might cause. Putting it into his head that he’s done something wrong is easily quantifiable as a problem for his psyche. Telling him he’s a victim and the whole thing was a sham is gonna damage his psyche. We are animals after all... nature could give a rip about niceties like age of the two people involved. My parents were 13 years apart so my perspective on this is a little different than most people who have parents that are basically the same age or a couple years apart. What seems weird to you is normal to me.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:00 pm

I understand that our brains continue to develop well into our 20's. I was referring more to the process of puberty and the physiological and psychological changes that take place during that process.

We could haggle over an appropriate age of consent all day. I personally find it puzzling that an 18 year-old can enlist in the Armed Forces, but cannot legally purchase alcohol or cigarettes until they've reached the age of 21. That being said, a society, even one that is free, must have certain standards in order to function. If we could all live by our own perceptions and form our own realities, there would be no need for laws, and the result would be dysfunctional anarchy. I'm not a psychologist, but I know that I've had to overcome certain dysfunctional ideas that were planted in my head during formative years, and that I still struggle with in my mid-50's. I can't blame those in my past who may have planted not-so-great ideas with mostly good intentions. I'm an adult, and have been one for a long time. It's my responsibility to overcome ideas and perceptions that have negative effects. It has been hard work, and the work continues to this day. If not for societal standards, I would have nothing to gauge the work against. How do I know 100 mph is a dangerous speed if there isn't a sign saying the speed limit is 70 mph?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:16 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:00 pm
I understand that our brains continue to develop well into our 20's. I was referring more to the process of puberty and the physiological and psychological changes that take place during that process.

We could haggle over an appropriate age of consent all day. I personally find it puzzling that an 18 year-old can enlist in the Armed Forces, but cannot legally purchase alcohol or cigarettes until they've reached the age of 21. That being said, a society, even one that is free, must have certain standards in order to function. If we could all live by our own perceptions and form our own realities, there would be no need for laws, and the result would be dysfunctional anarchy. I'm not a psychologist, but I know that I've had to overcome certain dysfunctional ideas that were planted in my head during formative years, and that I still struggle with in my mid-50's. I can't blame those in my past who may have planted not-so-great ideas with mostly good intentions. I'm an adult, and have been one for a long time. It's my responsibility to overcome ideas and perceptions that have negative effects. It has been hard work, and the work continues to this day. If not for societal standards, I would have nothing to gauge the work against. How do I know 100 mph is a dangerous speed if there isn't a sign saying the speed limit is 70 mph?
Are you saying that without the sign you couldn’t figure out that 100 sure feels rather fast and potentially hazardous to your health?

So the physiological and psychological changes are too much for a young man or woman to handle? Instead of some arbitrary age limit why don’t we invest in some testing to figure out just how mature someone is? The young man may turn out to have the mental development of someone who is 35... at that point is there really THAT big a difference? I would think that would change the equation just a bit. All I’m saying is that these issues are way more complex than some arbitrary standard of “they are too young so it’s wrong” would allow.

I’m 31 but mentally I feel like I’m in my mid-fifties. When I was in middle school I felt like I was 25 or so. I had a lot of procedural things to learn in a don’t touch a hot stove sort of way but I was way above my peers in figuring out how not to be stupid. I actually skipped the get into trouble phase... so stranger things have happened with regards to maturity.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:16 pm
Are you saying that without the sign you couldn’t figure out that 100 sure feels rather fast and potentially hazardous to your health?
I would say I can figure that out. Question is, is there someone else on the road who hasn't, and are they coming up on my tail? They may feel it's a risk worth taking for themselves, but assuming I share the same road, it's a risk they take at my potential expense. A public road is common space. Their poor judgement doesn't affect just them.

Likewise, I have found that certain behaviors I was subject to in my upbringing are not necessarily good and can result in more harm than benefit, not just to me but to those around me. Like anyone else, I find myself instinctively lapsing into some of these negative behaviors as I raise my own kids. I have to look out for it so I can catch myself, think about it and take a better path in dealing with tough situations. Instinct is a good thing. It's what insures our survival. We also have intellect, and there are times when intellect has to override instinct to achieve a reasonably better outcome.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:49 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:16 pm
I would say I can figure that out. Question is, is there someone else on the road who hasn't, and are they coming up on my tail? They may feel it's a risk worth taking for themselves, but assuming I share the same road, it's a risk they take at my potential expense. A public road is common space. Their poor judgement doesn't affect just them.

Likewise, I have found that certain behaviors I was subject to in my upbringing are not necessarily good and can result in more harm than benefit, not just to me but to those around me. Like anyone else, I find myself instinctively lapsing into some of these negative behaviors as I raise my own kids. I have to look out for it so I can catch myself, think about it and take a better path in dealing with tough situations. Instinct is a good thing. It's what insures our survival. We also have intellect, and there are times when intellect has to override instinct to achieve a reasonably better outcome.
Perhaps so... I tend to take an incredibly lax attitude towards these things. Probably a result of my own upbringing. Still made it though so it couldn’t have been all bad.

Turkeytop

Re: Diseases of Sheep

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:44 pm

Teacher in Florida town of Sebring arrested for sex with teen boy student

A female Sebring, Florida, high school teacher has been arrested for allegedly having sex with a male student, WTSP reports.

The teacher at Sebring High School in central Florida stands accused of having sex repeatedly with a 15-year-old boy.

That’s according to the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office.

Ariel Madden Reed, 30, a critical thinking teacher at Sebring High in Florida, has been slapped with 10 counts of sexual battery.

Once the Special Victims Unit opened its investigation into the Sebring, Florida, Teacher for sex abuse on Wednesday, she was put on administrative leave.

Reed began to get in hot water after a school resource deputy reported that a high school boy was harboring sexually explicit photos of her on his cell phone.

Sebring, Florida, authorities allege that the teacher waged a protracted campaign of sexual abuse of the boy in her home, car and classroom between November 2020 and February 2021.

The Highlands News-Sun reports that the 10 counts against Reed are for sexual battery upon a victim ages 12 to 18 by a teacher who has custodial authority of that individual.

“I want to commend the staff at Sebring High School for taking immediate action and quickly notifying the school resource deputy, as well as the Special Victims Unit for working quickly to develop this case,” Sheriff Paul Blackman wrote in a statement about the Florida teacher who allegedly sexually abused the boy.

“We take any allegations involving children very seriously and are continuing to investigate.”

The allegedly sexually abusive teacher began working in the Sebring, Florida, district in 2015.

Before transferring to Sebring High in 2017, she taught in Avon Park Middle School, Fox 13 reports.

“We are committed to providing a safe learning environment in all Highlands County schools, so we are shocked and saddened by these allegations. School administration and district officials are fully cooperating with the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office as they investigate this matter,” Deputy Superintendent Andrew Lethbridge wrote in a statement about the Sebring, Florida, teacher’s arrest for sexual abuse.

“No further comments will be made as this is an ongoing investigation.”

Not only was Reed arrested, but cops picked up her husband as well on Friday.

They charged Jonathan Patrick Reed, 37, with interfering in the execution of a search warrant
https://www.reportdoor.com/teacher-in-f ... y-student/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic