Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Queue up the Price is Right lose horn (another Ford Motor Co. screw up)

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Queue up the Price is Right lose horn (another Ford Motor Co. screw up)

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:51 pm

Gee, this theme sure sounds familiar:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ ... 189265001/

Headline:
Ford confirms delay of hundreds of 2021 Mustang Mach-E deliveries for quality review

Is a bunch of re-work being performed at another assembly facility, akin to what had to happen with the Ford Explorer?

Mistake number one was building the Mach-E in friggin' Mexico. I absolutely hate how the interior of these cars looks. The stupid tablet screen that basically comprises the entire center stack sticks out like a gigantic sore thumb. Too bad, because I think the exterior design is quite appealing.

Better hope there are no software glitches!

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Realist

Re: Queue up the Price is Right lose horn (another Ford Motor Co. screw up)

Post by Realist » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:05 pm

I’ll attest to the shit quality of Mexican made vehicles. Long story short, I had a Mexican made Pontiac Aztec that was a complete and total lemon due to shoddy assembly. If my father wasn’t a GM retiree, it would’ve been the last GM product I would have bought (although Ford and Dodge vehicles we have at work don’t hold up at all.) I do have to give kudos to the dealership in doing everything they could in trying to diagnose the problem.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:16 pm

Realist wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:05 pm
I’ll attest to the shit quality of Mexican made vehicles. Long story short, I had a Mexican made Pontiac Aztec that was a complete and total lemon due to shoddy assembly. If my father wasn’t a GM retiree, it would’ve been the last GM product I would have bought (although Ford and Dodge vehicles we have at work don’t hold up at all.) I do have to give kudos to the dealership in doing everything they could in trying to diagnose the problem.
I gotta ask....why would you buy that vehicle? That has to be ugliest car/truck/thing ever made.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:20 pm

Well, another mystery solved...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:24 pm

They rush things then have to spend time, money and man hours sending them to other facilities to fix. As for Dodge, mine is 5 years old, bought it new, and it looks and runs like new. Doing the scheduled maintenance is the key to keeping them going for years,

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:43 pm

Chrysler is pretty hit or miss. Jeeps are notoriously flawed at rollout.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:01 pm

Ugly car.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Great looking car to me, but most of the big three are having shipping issues. I can tell you firsthand that the supply chain for GM was screwed up even before COVID. The 2019 Corvettes were delayed as well. Had customers waiting 4-5 months at times for new deliveries. Part of the reason is that the railway shipping infrastructure is in sad shape. Although truckers haul many new vehicles via their cargo semis, many new cars are still shipped via railway.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:18 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:16 pm
Realist wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:05 pm
I gotta ask....why would you buy that vehicle? That has to be ugliest car/truck/thing ever made.
At the time, gas was approximately $4 a gallon. It was between that and a Chevy Trailblazer. I choose the Aztec because it was AWD, was cheaper than the TB and it had better gas mileage. It was actually a decent driving and comfortable vehicle but had issues.

Ironic thing is that I went to Vegas 2 years later and ended up renting and driving a brand new TB (had 96 miles on it). After driving it less than 48 hours, I quickly realized I should have bought the TB.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic