Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

So I'm at the In N Out Burger drive-thru...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Honeyman

So I'm at the In N Out Burger drive-thru...

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:27 pm

Guy tells me my order has been paid for by the car in front of me. $20.63. 2 double-doubles, 2 fries, 2 chocolate shakes, meat patty for my dog.

"Has this been goin' on for a while?" I ask.

"Bout a half-hour" he says.

"How much is the person, behind me?"

He tells me 32 something, so I pay.

Question. At what dollar amount would you not pay that forward?

I am asking myself the same question.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Re: So I'm at the In N Out Burger drive-thru...

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Any amount is absolutely fine if it's at an In-N-Out Burger...

Animal style?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:51 pm

I don't know, the new In-And-Outs they'll be opening in Washtenaw County could get pricey! ;)

Hope you don't eat that too often Honeydude. We argue, sure, but I still like ya.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:05 pm

In Ontario "In and Out" is a colloquial term for the Liquor Store. It goes back to more puritan time in the mid-twentieth century.

Liquor stores were plain, austere, institutional looking buildings. The only marking on the building were a brass plaque at one door saying "In" and a brass plaque at the other door saying "Out."

There was no product on display It was all hidden away in a back room. You would enter through the In door. There was a stand up desk in the centre, like in a bank. You would write out your order using one of the pads and pencils on the desk, then proceed to the cashier. Saying nothing, you would hand him your order and the money. He would disappear into the back room and come back with your bottle, wrapped in plain brown paper. He would hand it to you, without saying a word and you would exit through the Out door. Face burning with shame for the evil thing you had just done again this week.

We still call it the In and Out to this day.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:06 pm

TCT--- I'm boring when it comes to in n out. Basic burgers, I do like the raw onion.

Bryce--Maybe once (really twice) a month. Beer and this is pretty much my only vices.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 pm

Don't be giving Bidet any ideas!

I'd say $50 would be the top amount. If anyone is paying more than that for fast food...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 pm

I'd say $50 would be the top amount. If anyone is paying more than that for fast food...
Bidet appears to be absent tonight. Must be on his way to the Capitol for the Trump inauguration.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:46 pm

I've been doing something at the double lines McDonald's that gets mine paid for about 1 out of 4 times. I let the person in the other line go ahead of me. Even if I ordered first. Now I rarely get anything more than a few bucks. Half the time it's just a coffee. But often the person I let go ahead will pay for what I ordered,

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:59 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:00 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 pm

Bidet appears to be absent tonight. Must be on his way to the Capitol for the Trump inauguration.
He's working a double double at McDonald's.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:29 am

I am SOOOOOO jealous that you’re able to eat In and Out near you. Haven’t had one of their awesomely tasty burgers in 4 years, which was my last time in Vegas

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:45 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:51 pm
I don't know, the new In-And-Outs they'll be opening in Washtenaw County could get pricey! ;)
"In and Out" reminds me of a song by The Who. And the new quasi legal brothels of Washtenaw County. You need protection there. Masks and gloves won't work in high volume brothels. They don't disinfect between "patients" like doctors' offices do.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:39 am

50 bucks would be tops for me too, but up to that amount I would have no issue paying it forward.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm

First - I am extremely jealous of Honeyman living in (or just visiting?) a part of the country that has In-N-Out!!!

I would simply pay the amount of my own order. Why should I be under any obligation to pay more? If the person ahead of me generously covered my tab, I'd either ask the cashier to apply the funds to the person behind me or would offer the payment as a tip to the employees of the establishment.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:47 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 pm
First - I am extremely jealous of Honeyman living in (or just visiting?) a part of the country that has In-N-Out!!!

I would simply pay the amount of my own order. Why should I be under any obligation to pay more? If the person ahead of me generously covered my tab, I'd either ask the cashier to apply the funds to the person behind me or would offer the payment as a tip to the employees of the establishment.
I live in Orange County, Ca.

I figure the guy behind me could have been 12 bucks too, and I would have made a few bucks.
I kinda panicked, it was so unexpected. The tip to the staff is a good idea though.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:20 pm

The burgers don't make up for being controlled by a curfew. I have heard they are overrated anyways. Hard for me to believe anything can top Whataburger.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic