Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ram Drivers are drunkards

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Ram Drivers are drunkards

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:35 pm

A new study conducted by insurance comparison aggregator Insurify shows the data from about 2.7 million insurance applications to determine which vehicles are most likely to transport drivers cited for DUI. Each application requires drivers to disclose vehicles being driven on the policy and recent driving history, which gives analysts insight into the moving violations of drivers during a specific time period.

The trucks on the list consist of the Ram 2500, Chevrolet S-10, Dodge Dakota, Ford Ranger, Chevrolet Silverado, and GMC Sierra. The Ram ranks first of all vehicles with an average of 45.3 drivers with a DUI for every 1,000 drivers applying for an insurance policy—that's around 1 in every 22 drivers, or more than double the national average. The GMC Sierra has the least on the top 10 list with 28 drivers for every 1,000 applicants.

The luxury segment also has its place on the chart as the BMW 4-Series, Audi A4, and BMW 7-Series all make appearances somewhere in the middle of the list.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Re: Ram Drivers are drunkards

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:04 pm

Whew...

I guess us 1500 Mega Cab people are OK.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:25 pm

I drive an Equinox. I'd better quit drinking. It doesn't fit with the Equinox image.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:25 pm
I drive an Equinox.
A middle class vehicle if I ever saw one...

:rollin
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:38 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:25 pm
I drive an Equinox.
A middle class vehicle if I ever saw one...

:rollin
To me it doesn't seem middle class so much as it seems boring and old mannish.

I'd rather be driving a Ram. That's a true, working class, man's vehicle.

With my late Father, Chrysler was like a religion. He wouldn't drive anything else. He'd be turning over in his grave if he knew I was driving GM crap. And I can see his point entirely.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:47 pm

Didn't you have a Charger?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:47 pm
Didn't you have a Charger?
Yes, I've had two Chargers. I was a Chrysler guy all my life until 2013, when I got my first Equinox. Another Equinox in 2016 and another in 2020.

They're a boring, unexciting vehicle, but they're reliable. They haven't given me a minute of trouble.

Most importantly, they're Union built in a town about 20 miles from here. I have neighbours who work at the plant.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:32 am

Interesting they single out the 2500 version of the RAM, but don't make similar distinctions for the Silverado or Sierra, who both have several versions of the vehicles they produce.
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:52 pm
Yes, I've had two Chargers. I was a Chrysler guy all my life until 2013, when I got my first Equinox. Another Equinox in 2016 and another in 2020.
3 new vehicles in 7 years?? THAT certainly doesn't scream "working class" to me!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:12 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:32 am
Interesting they single out the 2500 version of the RAM, but don't make similar distinctions for the Silverado or Sierra, who both have several versions of the vehicles they produce.
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:52 pm
3 new vehicles in 7 years?? THAT certainly doesn't scream "working class" to me!!

Typical anti-working class bias. We shouldn't be allowed to own a decent vehicle. Not even a bare bones, Chevy.

Should be driving a ten year old Toyota.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:08 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:12 am
Typical anti-working class bias. We shouldn't be allowed to own a decent vehicle. Not even a bare bones, Chevy.
You have some kind of bias against any and all "middle-class".

What's your excuse?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:40 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:08 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:12 am
You have some kind of bias against any and all "middle-class".

What's your excuse?

I have no bias whatever against middle class.

They have their way of life and their set of values. We have ours.

The middle class is no better or worse than we are.

What I object to is people trying to convert me to middle class.

It's like saying I'm biased against someone's religion because I resist conversion to their religion.

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:33 am

I find Ram Trucks and Jeep Grand Cherokee's to be very aggressive out on the road, always weaving in and out of traffic like there late for a bah mitzvah or there going to the 11 for 10 sale at Meijer, hoping no ones grabbed last can of Cream Corn or there favorite Banquet Salisbury streak frozen dinner with dehydrated potato's and Peas.

I

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:16 am

Pinhead wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:33 am
I find Ram Trucks and Jeep Grand Cherokee's to be very aggressive out on the road, always weaving in and out of traffic like there late for a bah mitzvah or there going to the 11 for 10 sale at Meijer, hoping no ones grabbed last can of Cream Corn or there favorite Banquet Salisbury streak frozen dinner with dehydrated potato's and Peas.

I
:lol :lol Sounds about right actually.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15475

Post by Deleted User 15475 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:55 am

It's always those said vehicles mostly, on the other end, Saturns and Kia's move slower then customer service at Dell computers, infuriating as well.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:24 pm

My first ever experience with GM was my 2003 Buick. I got it brand new and it was trouble from day 1. It was a lemon. Just one thing after another.

The final straw came when we were driving south through GA on a dark. rainy night. Suddenly everything quit working. The lights went out. The wipers quit. the turn signals quit. The radio quit.

The only lights still working were all the warning light on the panel. They were all flashing.

Check Engine

Fuel Low

Check Oil

Brake Failure

Seat Belts

Air Bags

Ejection Seat Deployed

I had to get off the Interstate as soon as possible. That was tricky with no lights, wipers or turn signals. I did manage to get off at the next exit.

We had to check in at the first flea bag hotel we came to. The next day would be Sunday, so there would be no GM Dealer open. It looked like we would be spending the rest of the weekend there.

The next day dawned sunny. Whatever had been wrong with the car the night before seemed to have resolved itself. So I just drove on through to Florida.

Never had any more trouble until about a month after we got back home and then it did it again Turned out to be some computer board they had to replace.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic