Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Social Distancing in Gothenburg

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Social Distancing in Gothenburg

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:32 pm

The Film Festival in Gothenburg Sweden this year will play to an audience of one. One lucky person will be selected to watch the films all alone on a remote island. If I was that lucky person I would cheat. Instead of watching films, I'd take my radio out there with me.

Film festival seeks fan to spend a week alone watching movies in a remote lighthouse
Social Sharing

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as ... -1.5862299

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Calvert DeForest

Re: Social Distancing in Gothenburg

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:19 am

I bet shortwave reception would be great at the top of that lighthouse. The surrounding water would provide even better conductivity. My SSB shortwave radio (Christmas present from the wife) is still yet to arrive, but I'm gonna have a blast with that toy!

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Re: Social Distancing in Gothenburg

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:59 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:19 am
I bet shortwave reception would be great at the top of that lighthouse. The surrounding water would provide even better conductivity. My SSB shortwave radio (Christmas present from the wife) is still yet to arrive, but I'm gonna have a blast with that toy!

What radio are you getting?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic